Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sponsoring a Family Member for Canadian Immigration

I am a permenant resident in Canada. I want to bring my mother to live with me from Pakistan. How long will it take for my mother to be able to come and stay with me. Can she come on the visitors visa and stay if the file is in process? Can someone please help?

Thanks

I am a permenant resident in Canada. I want to bring my mother to live with me from Pakistan. How long will it take for my mother to be able to come and stay with me. Can she come on the visitors visa and stay if the file is in process? Can someone please help?

Thanks

Comment

visit www.cic.gc.ca

It explains the whole procedure. In a nut shell, the process is in two steps. First you file with Canadian immigration that you want to sponsor your mother. You have to meet certian income criteria depending on where you live in Canada and how many dependents you already have living with you. If you qualify, and it could take any where from 3 months to six months, the immigration will notify you and they will send you the application package that you will send to your mother. They will ask for medical and police background check. The whole process takes 6 to 12 months hoping that there are no problems. They can also interview your mother but it's rare. Usually, passing the medical becomes an issue. If your mother is in good health then she should be ok. Once they are satisfied with with background check ann Medical, she will be mailed the Landing paper. Another thing is possible that in Pakistan, the Canadian mission is most likely going to conduct their own background check whih could take little longer.

Hope I was able to answer some of your questions.
      Good luck.

Comment

Thanks so much

Comment

You are welcome.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms