X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help! Having a visitor while I-94 getting expired

Hi,
    I'm in H1B status and my I-94 is expiring in December 2003 even though my H1B status is valid until late next year (2004). I'm planning to invite a visitor from Nov 2003 till Jan 2004. The employer is doing H1B extension to have a new I-94 for me but it is still in the process and unlikely to be approved by the time the visitor come (November). My wife's I-94 is valid until late 2004.

So can my I-94 status affects the visitor's ability to get a visa? If she can get a visa, will affect her permitted time to stay in the US (will they issue her a I-94 that is also valid until Dec 2003 only)? Is there anyway to avoid this problem?

Please help!!! Thanks!!!

Hi,
    I'm in H1B status and my I-94 is expiring in December 2003 even though my H1B status is valid until late next year (2004). I'm planning to invite a visitor from Nov 2003 till Jan 2004. The employer is doing H1B extension to have a new I-94 for me but it is still in the process and unlikely to be approved by the time the visitor come (November). My wife's I-94 is valid until late 2004.

So can my I-94 status affects the visitor's ability to get a visa? If she can get a visa, will affect her permitted time to stay in the US (will they issue her a I-94 that is also valid until Dec 2003 only)? Is there anyway to avoid this problem?

Please help!!! Thanks!!!

Comment

Anybody? Please help!!!

Comment

Your employer can apply for another I-94 card for you.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Thanks for replying.
          My employer already filed for H1B extension so that I can have a new I-94, but it's gonna be several more months till the paperwork gets approved.

My question is: will the visitor's I-94 be shortened because of my I-94?
          Or will the visitor be able to get a visa at all because of my I-94's short time left?

Thanks.

(P.S. My wife's I-94 is still valid for another year)

Comment

I don't think you're giving enough information about "your visitor". What country are they coming from? Are they coming with a "tourist visa"? Do they have any other petitions pending in the US that would make it appear they would not return to their own country, etc. Are you "sponsoring" them in some way or would they be able to come just as a tourist? I think this information might be helpful to get a response. Good luck

Comment

I swear that neither the visitor nor I am a terrorist :-)
              The visitor will be on a tourist visa. We want her to stay until Jan 2004 but my current I-94 expires in December 2003. (My status will be OK after December because my employer already filed H1B extension for me). My concern is that will her permitted time to stay be affected by my current I-94's expiration?
              Thanks.

Comment

You're not supplying enough information for people to help you. Your questions will probably continue to go unanswered if you don't give more information. I'm sure people would be happy to help if they could.

Comment

Sorry I missed some of your questions.
                  The visitor is my sister. She's coming from China just to visit us (ie. tourist visa) for about 2 months (Nov 03 - Jan 04). She doesn't have any other petition.

About sponsoring: I don't know whether just visiting needs any kind of sponsorship from us?

Thanks a lot for you replies.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed