X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• j1-overstay marriage with USC

posted July 17, 2003 02:21 PM
    I am not sure who can give me an answer at my questions.I just realize you try to help a lot of person.Please ,give me an advice ,too.I came from romania 2 years ago with J1.It was only for 6 months with 2 year requirement.I have an accident in that perioud and i almost didn;t know if I will be able to move.after that I tried to find a school and study here .I find a school in Chicago who send me to a lawer in order to change my j1 to f1 because i find that schhool 2 days before my expiration date.I met that lawyer and he tell me the only things i need to do it is If I marry an american citizen.I was looking for help and i find a family which give me a place to stay ans help me with some money and I take care of their house.
    Last year I meet a nice person which I was planning to get marry .I am not sure which is the way I can do it since my visa expired last year.I heard about some school in Oregon where you can go and study.I finished Law in my country and start a master there .I really wanna go back to school here.Help me.

posted July 17, 2003 02:21 PM
    I am not sure who can give me an answer at my questions.I just realize you try to help a lot of person.Please ,give me an advice ,too.I came from romania 2 years ago with J1.It was only for 6 months with 2 year requirement.I have an accident in that perioud and i almost didn;t know if I will be able to move.after that I tried to find a school and study here .I find a school in Chicago who send me to a lawer in order to change my j1 to f1 because i find that schhool 2 days before my expiration date.I met that lawyer and he tell me the only things i need to do it is If I marry an american citizen.I was looking for help and i find a family which give me a place to stay ans help me with some money and I take care of their house.
    Last year I meet a nice person which I was planning to get marry .I am not sure which is the way I can do it since my visa expired last year.I heard about some school in Oregon where you can go and study.I finished Law in my country and start a master there .I really wanna go back to school here.Help me.

Comment

You need to seek the advice of an attorney who practice immigration. Even if you married your USC boyfriend, you need to obtain a waiver since you are subject to the 2 years foreign residence under your J-1 visa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation