X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I call upon the spouses of green card holders in MA area to unite

Hi,

This is my request to all of you who are green card holders in MA area, who are separated from their spouse/children. I feel that we should all get together and meet our local congressmen and senators and push for V visa extension or H.R 539. I think if we do so before election we might be able to see positive results. Please don't sit their and wait, something needs to be done, this is really unfair and inhumane to separate the families of legal permanent residents.
    So let me know what you guys think, and post your suggestions here. I will be waiting for your replies.

May god bless us.

Mandy

Hi,

This is my request to all of you who are green card holders in MA area, who are separated from their spouse/children. I feel that we should all get together and meet our local congressmen and senators and push for V visa extension or H.R 539. I think if we do so before election we might be able to see positive results. Please don't sit their and wait, something needs to be done, this is really unfair and inhumane to separate the families of legal permanent residents.
    So let me know what you guys think, and post your suggestions here. I will be waiting for your replies.

May god bless us.

Mandy

Comment

Why were you seperated from your spouse? Also, I do not beleive in this practice either; it's just wrong. Can you tell me a little bit about your situation. Thanks

Comment

To Ghost,

I believe you read my last post, so you know now why I am separated from my spouse because I am a green card holder and I made the mistake of marrying. It takes 5-6 years to get your spouse in this country if you are an LPR.

Why do you think that getting together and seeing your congressmen is wrong, or pushing for a Visa that would allow one's spouse to be here is wrong. We want to fight for our rights,we want to be able to live with our spouse/children. The H1's can get their spouses in 4 weeks and the legal permanent residents who should be entitled to these basic rights don't have permission to bring their loved ones, what kind of a system is this? The BCIS cannot employ more people or deploy sofisticated systems for processing these kinds of cases. BCIS has to grant visas in any case whether it takes 5 yrs or 1 yr, then why not now?

Guys, lets get together and push our congressmen and senator for V visa extension and remove the 3 yr waiting time from it.

Thanks a lot.

Mandy

Comment

mandy.......where did you got married? and was your husband ever in the u.s.? did they send him back to his country? i mean.. i came to the u.s. legally, but overstayed(i-94)...and later on i married my wife , who is a greencard holder. and the only thing i heard from the bcis is a letter saying that i have to wait 150-999 days....thats it.

Comment

To Radda,

I got married in India and have two kids. I did not continuously reside in the US because I had two small children then. So I made a trip every year to maintain my PR status. My spouse got a multiple entry tourist visa even before I settled here and before I filed for his petition. So he is able to visit us once every year. Its been 2.5 yrs now and my kids are going through emotional trauma as a result of separation, they miss their dad terribly and they ask me all the time why did the govt make such laws where the families cant live together. You can very well imagine my state and how difficult it is for me to go through all this, courtesy BCIS.
            Thanks Radda for all your help and keep me posted about your case.

Comment

I am a US citizen (a born here, raised here, all out yankee) and I can't even get my spouse a greencard!!
              Have a nice day

Comment

Radda, what is your status right now, are you illegal at this stage?

Comment

i think i answered that question for you already in another thread...but i am glad to answer it for you again.

i came to the u.s. on a visa waiver (i-94) , i overstayed and married my wife , who is a greencard holder. She filed the i-130 for me and that was last year in april. since then she filed for naturalization and just took her fingerprints. i am guessing within about 10 minths or so (hopefully less, if everything goes well, and i hope to god that it will), she will get fully naturalized so i can start filing the i-485, etc. and things will start rolling. so its just a matter of waiting for you untill she gets her american paspoort.

so i guess right now i am an illegal alien untill she gets naturalized.

i am sorry to hear about your situation and i hope things will change for you, especially for your kids. i cant imagine what they are going through by not seeing their father. hopefully bill HR539 will pass soon so you can reunite with your family.

i will pray for you....good luck.

Comment

Unfortunately family immigration laws are absolutely unbelievable!!!!!
                    I'm a born here US Citizen and I can't even get a work permit etc.to my spouse not to mention green card!
                    It ****s

Comment

Hi Mandy, where in MA do you live? and have you talked to a lawyer about your case? I think a letter to congressman in MA is a good idea. It is unfair that married couples suffer for long periods. It is true to say that the immigration services in USA has a lot to deal with if you look at the number of illegals but I think family comes first.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your iput. I have already written letters to congressman's office I even call them every week but they never return my call and neither have they replied to my letter. They try to avoid me as much as they can.

Mandy

To Radda,

Thanks for replying. I hope your wife gets naturalized soon so you can adjust your status in time. Let me know how things goes for you. God is kind and will hear to our prayers soon.

Good luck to you also.

Comment

Hi Mandy, you didn't answer my question on your location. I was trying to find the congressman you could write to. But anywho, try emailing Congressman Tierney if you live on the eastern part of Massachusetts. Here is the link http://www.house.gov/tierney/email.shtml

Take care

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed