Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Denied? Please Bushmaster, Linda, Mohan etc. HELP!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Denied? Please Bushmaster, Linda, Mohan etc. HELP!!!!

Please, Bushmaster, Linda, Mohan I need your advise. I had issued bad checks in my country and I was sued. That was 10 years ago, and I've been here for 10 years now without commiting any crimes in the US. I'm married to a USC, can I process my papers without being deported? I will really appreciate any advice from anybody. Thank you so much.

Please, Bushmaster, Linda, Mohan I need your advise. I had issued bad checks in my country and I was sued. That was 10 years ago, and I've been here for 10 years now without commiting any crimes in the US. I'm married to a USC, can I process my papers without being deported? I will really appreciate any advice from anybody. Thank you so much.

Comment

Immigration laws and forms are so complicated that everyone should get an attorney's advice. Have you looked for an attorney? Many will give a free consultation, often over the phone. In my experience this should not be a problem, but don't take my word for it - get professional advice. This was something that occurred in your home country that did not affect the U.S., so you may be OK.

Comment

You could be ok, but then again who knows with the INS. I had 2 juvenile convictions and breezed thru my interview. Even though I worried myself to death over it for months (years even), but I told the INS about it in my paperwork and the fact that it was over twenty years ago....that is to say I never hid it from the INS. When I went for my interview, I was asked if I had any convictions....there was a long pause and the INS officer said...."apart from the ones you admitted to" I said "no" she stamped my passport and I got my conditional green card.

However, mine were juvenile convictions so technically the INS are not allowed to consider these. If it is possible you should a) try and get a copy of the court transcripts, which will assist you and b) have a lawyer ever present. The fact that it happened over 10 years ago should work in your favor but don't rely on this factor alone.

Hope that this helped.

Comment

Do you mean the court transcript from my country? How could I get it, I'm in the US. Is it really relevant? How important it is for my application? I think your situation is different from mine because you did it when you were young. Does the crime I comitted , is it really a big crime that could affect my present situation? to be excludable, I suppose. Please I need more input. I am planning to get a lawyer, I'm just saving for now, I just want peace of mind knowing that there is still hope for me for a better future in this country. Thank you.

Comment

The trick is not to lie. People may say you are ok because this happened in your own country, but the fact of the matter is they do a CIA check on you. Which means that the CIA will (possibly) go to your country and ask them for records relating to you.

In some countries records are expunged after a period of time. Mine were after 10 years so even though I could not provide evidence, I thought I would play it safe and admit to the crimes. I didn't have any supporting dox.

In your case, is it possible to get copies of the court transcripts? If not just admit it, because lying to the INS can have more severe consequences if they find out. The question on the forms is something like......"Have you ever committed a crime either in the usa or overseas"

Just put a note attached and explain the situation and that it is not possible to get additional information due the the period that has elapsed and that you are embarrassed by the whole affair and nothing like it has happened since and will never happen in the future. This should be ok....then you role the dice.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I think you are watching too much Jack Ryan movies and reading too many Tom Clancy books...

If CIA was to check on every immigrant they would become a security branch of INS...

First of all CIA is already in his country, you believe it or not, but he is not a known terrorist or a threat to national security, CIA won't bother it... There are other branches that US could derive information from... if they are interested...

Comment

OK, I see your point, and on reflection my posting was a bit over serious but every file goes to the CIA for checking....as to if they do an indepth search on every individual is another matter, perhaps they do a random check.....nobody really nows.

Comment

Knows

Comment

I doubt they will go further than IBIS on him...

Comment

May I know what IBIS stands for? Thanks a lot.

Comment

IBIS is the acronym for the Interagency Border Inspection System.

I am quoting the necessary information...

Who Uses IBIS?

In addition to the U.S. Customs Service and Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS), law enforcement and regulatory personnel from 20 other federal agencies or bureaus use IBIS. Some of these agencies are the FBI, Interpol, DEA, ATF, the IRS, the Coast Guard, the FAA, Secret Service and the Animal Plant Health Inspection Service, just to name a few. Also, information from IBIS is shared with the Department of State for use by Consular Officers at U.S. Embassies and Consulates.

What Does IBIS Provide?

IBIS assists the majority of the traveling public with the expeditious clearance at ports of entry while allowing the border enforcement agencies to focus their limited resources on those potential non-compliant travelers. IBIS provides the law enforcement community with access to computer-based enforcement files of common interest. It also provides access to the FBI's National Crime Information Center (NCIC) and allows its users to interface with all fifty states via the National Law Enforcement Telecommunications Systems (NLETS).

Where Is IBIS?

IBIS resides on the Treasury Enforcement Communications System (TECS) at the Customs Data Center. Field level access is provided by an IBIS network with more than 24,000 computer terminals. These terminals are located at air, land, and sea ports of entry.

What Information Is in IBIS?

IBIS keeps track of information on suspect individuals, businesses, vehicles, aircraft, and vessels. IBIS terminals can also be used to access NCIC records on wanted persons, stolen vehicles, vessels or firearms, license information, criminal histories, and previous Federal inspections. The information is used to assist law enforcement and regulatory personnel.

Comment

Wow!! What can I say. It sounds like they are really so meticulous and detailed in every inspection.So, I assumed that they really know about me now. I am getting paranoid .

Comment

So, when applying for a waiver is the IBIS always run?

If so, will my spouse's fingerprint under an assumed name show up? (My partner cleaned a federal building using a purchased Social and birth certificate, and was fingerprinted in order to obtain the job. Technically, the fingerprint was only for in house identification purposes in case something occured, however it was taken by the FBI, so I imagine that there may be an FBI record of this fingerprint.)

How thorough is this check exactly?

Thank you in advance for any info that you can provide.

Comment

Since IBIS is a interagency check, so any record on any agency should show up when they run the IBIS checks. INS examiner simply types in the full name of the applicant/petitioner and sees the necessary information.

For example: I have a pilot's license from Federal Aviation Administration, and when they run the IBIS check on my name, the license information should appear. These checks expire in 35 days and then the application/petition goes back in security unit for another IBIS check lasting 15 days. After cleared, another 35 days period starts, and this goes on and on and on....

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation