Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 245i, Question?

Can somebody tell me if my only hope is 245(i)?. I came here without inspection in 1998, I was here before but I left the country for 2 yrs. When I came for the 1st time I entered with a visa. This second time I didn't. Now I'm married to a USC since 2yrs. ago. I'm currently working and paying taxes.I spoke to a lawyer and he told me that I cannot apply for adjustment od status because of my illegal entry, can somebody tell me if I have another option?.

Can somebody tell me if my only hope is 245(i)?. I came here without inspection in 1998, I was here before but I left the country for 2 yrs. When I came for the 1st time I entered with a visa. This second time I didn't. Now I'm married to a USC since 2yrs. ago. I'm currently working and paying taxes.I spoke to a lawyer and he told me that I cannot apply for adjustment od status because of my illegal entry, can somebody tell me if I have another option?.

Comment

Your lawyer is correct, your only hope of adjusting your status is if 245i becomes law again, or other new laws proposed by Gephardt.

Comment

Hi,

Just of resent... I heard that house want to extend a bill called section 245i which will favour illegal immigrant that physical present in U.S to adjust their status. However, I entered U.S without inspection and I had married with U.S citizen not quiet ago and I am presently enrol in college. My wife wanted to sponsor me but our Lawyer said I can not adjust me status.

Please, I would like to know if I can adjust my status when section 245 is extended and approved in the house and what evident I have to provide to apply for the adjust of my status under section 245i.

Furthermore, some congressman just introduce H4B visa or guestworker. Pls, can you explain to me what H4B visa mean and how can somebody benefit from it when is becomes law in the House.

James.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed