Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Certificate for Palestinian

Hi all. This is Dawn, I posted previously about my case. Been in the visa process for my hubby over a year now and our daughter is now 4 months old, but still haven't been able to be together.

So my husband had his interview at the Cairo embassy last week and the Consular Officer told him everything was fine except that he needed to have a police certificate from Israel. We had previously submitted one from the Palestinian Authority and were told this was the only one we would need. When my husband went to the Israeli embassy in Cairo, they told him they don't give Palestinians police certificates and they never did. He called the embassy and they said, that is your problem, you still have to submit the police certificate. I called the State Department and they told me that they do offer the police certificates and are just harassing him.

Any advice? The State Department told me to ask the Israelis to put it in writing that they don't offer police certificates, but given the situation I am doubtful they will do that, though my husband will try tommorrow. Any other suggestions?

Hi all. This is Dawn, I posted previously about my case. Been in the visa process for my hubby over a year now and our daughter is now 4 months old, but still haven't been able to be together.

So my husband had his interview at the Cairo embassy last week and the Consular Officer told him everything was fine except that he needed to have a police certificate from Israel. We had previously submitted one from the Palestinian Authority and were told this was the only one we would need. When my husband went to the Israeli embassy in Cairo, they told him they don't give Palestinians police certificates and they never did. He called the embassy and they said, that is your problem, you still have to submit the police certificate. I called the State Department and they told me that they do offer the police certificates and are just harassing him.

Any advice? The State Department told me to ask the Israelis to put it in writing that they don't offer police certificates, but given the situation I am doubtful they will do that, though my husband will try tommorrow. Any other suggestions?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation