Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fiance Visa for a Palestinian

I would like to know if I will face more difficulties for the Fiance Visa because the man I love and plan to marry is Palestinian. He lives in Palestine now. I am a US Citizen. I would very much like to hear from anyone who has gone through a similar situation in the past 1-2 years. Or if there are immigration attornies specializing in Middle East cases. Both he and I just want to understand all the potential difficulties we may face. Thanks

I would like to know if I will face more difficulties for the Fiance Visa because the man I love and plan to marry is Palestinian. He lives in Palestine now. I am a US Citizen. I would very much like to hear from anyone who has gone through a similar situation in the past 1-2 years. Or if there are immigration attornies specializing in Middle East cases. Both he and I just want to understand all the potential difficulties we may face. Thanks

Comment

Wow, there is a lot of love going around on this board, lol.

Hi j6k6aa,

I was also worrying about the same thing with my Fiance because he is from Morocco and he is Muslim, but I have been told by many that it should not make any difference of where he is from just as long as he has a clean record.

I do hope this to be true and correct for yours and my situation and I am sure for many others.

Best wishes and good luck to you both.

Comment

From what I have been told you will probably experience some delays in the process because of the countries of your fiances. My fiance is from Cuba and, after the approval of the visa in Cuba, it will take between 8-10 weeks before the actual visa is processed because Cuba is on the list of countries that support terrorism so it's conceivable your's will have longer waits too but that doesn't mean they will not get approved. I wish you all the best - good luck

Comment

Hi Billiedance,

This is all I need to hear after all of the other stuff today. But don't worry, I won't hold that against you . I always did believe Honesty is the best Policy. I am just getting really depressed thinking about how long it will be before my Fiance and I can actually be together once again and then finally being able to stay together.

Man, this whole things ****s. Just the idea of someone choosing for you when you can be with the one you love and ONLY if they pass to their approval. Don't get me wrong, I understand why they have to do this, but when you feel you are old enough to make your own choices and probably have learned more in life than a hundred of their employees put together, then I feel I should have some say, like marrying on a visitors visa and not having to worry about them not accepting the I-130. Wow, can't believe I just let all of that out. I usually am pretty good at keeping things positive. Well, sorry if I have taken up your time, but thank you for those who did take the time to read.

Take care and thanks Billiedance. I think you wrote this because you knew I needed to get some of these things off of my chest, huh .

Comment

j6k6aa- Your fiancé will have more problems.

Problem one will be the security and background checks. Your fiancé's case may be under the State Department's administrative review for quite some time. Palestinians aren't alone in this group. Other problem countries: most of the Mid-East, North Africa, South Asia, Cuba, and Russia.

Problem two will be trying to get to the US Embassy or Consulate General. The Israeli police (and IDF) have been known to deny Palestinians and Arabic Israelis access.

An attorney can not help with either of these problems. You just have to deal with the extra time and frustration. If you have a good relationship, it should all work out eventually.

The Grand Poo-Bah
            Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

Dear FeedMe, believe me I know the frustrations with being separated from the one you love. I am only two months into the process and know I probably have another 7 - 10 months ahead of me. I'm grateful for many things; I'm grateful we met, I'm grateful we fell in love, I'm grateful we have the opportunity to be together in the future. I will endure whatever it takes to be with him and however long the process takes. Take care, try to be patient and keep loving!!

Comment

I have just posted some information regarding special processing by the National Visa Center for applicants from countries that sponsor terrorism. It certainly could put a different twist on our applications. Our fiances need to be squeaky clean. I searched the internet for National Visa Center and found this site. I hope it is helpful to answer some of our questions. Good luck.

http://travel.state.gov/section306.html

Department of State
                Bureau of Consular Affairs

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notice: Special visa processing procedures pursuant to Section 306 of the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Reform Act of 2002

Section 306 of the Enhanced Border Security and Visa Reform Act of 2002 (EBSVRA) pertains to the issuance of visas to aliens from state sponsors of terrorism.

Seven countries are now designated as state sponsors of terrorism. They are North Korea, Cuba, Syria, Sudan, Iran, Iraq, and Libya.

Special Visa Processing Procedures:

All applicants from state sponsors of terrorism age 16 and over, irrespective of gender, must without exception complete form DS-157, in addition to form DS-156, and must appear for an interview with a consular officer.

An exception to the requirement for an interview may be made at the discretion of the consular officer in cases of A and G visa applicants (except for A-3 and G-5 applicants, who must be interviewed).

The language for Section 306 of the EBSVRA in pertinent part follows:

No nonimmigrant visa under Section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15)) shall be issued to any alien from a country that is a state sponsor of international terrorism unless the Secretary of State determines, in consultation with the Attorney General and the heads of other appropriate United States agencies, that such alien does not pose a threat to the safety or national security of the United States. In making a determination under this sub-section, the Secretary of State shall apply standards developed by the Secretary of State, in consultation with the Attorney General and the heads of other appropriate United States agencies, that are applicable to the nationals of such states.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation