Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H1-B petition granted, extension of stay denied -- Please help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    I have been in America since 1997, first on a student visa, then under H1-B. In May I applied to change from one sponsor to another, INS asked for more information which I supplied then they asked again for more information which I supplied, then I moved to premium processing and they granted my petition but have denied my extension to stay. Does this mean I have to leave? When do they consider my old stay to expire? When I leave or the expiration date on my old H1-B which is Oct 2003.

If anyone can help me find the legal language that pertains to this or let me know what my status is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic H1-B petition granted, extension of stay denied -- Please help!

H1-B petition granted, extension of stay denied -- Please help!

I have been in America since 1997, first on a student visa, then under H1-B. In May I applied to change from one sponsor to another, INS asked for more information which I supplied then they asked again for more information which I supplied, then I moved to premium processing and they granted my petition but have denied my extension to stay. Does this mean I have to leave? When do they consider my old stay to expire? When I leave or the expiration date on my old H1-B which is Oct 2003.

If anyone can help me find the legal language that pertains to this or let me know what my status is, I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation