Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why when you try to do things legally you get punished.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why when you try to do things legally you get punished.

Am I allowed to visit the U.S.A if I am awaiting the INS to accept or reject my application. No priority has been given I'm just waiting for the go ahead for my application.

I just want to add that this immigration process makes the situation longer than necessary.

I like to think of myself as a honest person and I am trying to do things legally but I have several friends who are in america illegally and it makes me so mad because they are getting on with their life when I have to wait several years to see my father who is getting older, and older.

I can't even believe that I am waiting 2 1/2 years for the INS to say yes my application is acceptable and give me a priority date. Its not fair.

Am I allowed to visit the U.S.A if I am awaiting the INS to accept or reject my application. No priority has been given I'm just waiting for the go ahead for my application.

I just want to add that this immigration process makes the situation longer than necessary.

I like to think of myself as a honest person and I am trying to do things legally but I have several friends who are in america illegally and it makes me so mad because they are getting on with their life when I have to wait several years to see my father who is getting older, and older.

I can't even believe that I am waiting 2 1/2 years for the INS to say yes my application is acceptable and give me a priority date. Its not fair.

Comment

hey guest be patient you at least you know that you will get something by the end...
      these illegal people you aer talking about, I bet none of them are getting on with their life the way they wish...they are just living day to day wiahing for miracles because in case you forget they do have some famlies too back home..some are getting old ..some already died...but they can do nothing just wait..for what ??
      so you are the lucky one..at least you are doing your things the legal way and no matter how late you will end up having yr GC. Good luck to you.

Comment

Does anyone know if it is possible to expedite Guest's application due to the age of her father? Is this possible? Guest, I have a lot of respect for your patience and willingness to enter the US legally. It must be frustrating to watch people hop over the border, but believe me, things here are getting difficult for the illegals here. Please continue pursuing legal status the right way - you will prevent a lot of problems once you make it here. I wish you the best of luck. Have you consulted an attorney about all this?

Comment

I admire you for your patience and willingness to do the right thing. The INS process is not a speedy one. Sure, you could come here faster the illegal way, but you would pay a very high price if you were caught. You also have the welcoming of US citizens who do not like illegals and would fight for you to be deported. Check out any special situation you may have to have your processing time shortened. Good luck.

Comment

"Nice Guys Finish Last"

Comment

they say, it's true that sometimes nice guys do finish last - but they cause less misery to others, often help others along the way, and are not a burden to others. To Guest, I hope your situation works out, and I too respect your efforts. and I'm glad you're a "nice guy" - we reap what we sow, and I'm hoping you will get legal entry/status soon.

Comment

Thank you all for you advice.

I know what you're saying is right, I should just wait it out but it's so hard sometimes. My father isn't getting an younger and I long to be with my family.

I guess the people who are in america illegally will get caught in the end, but it won't be from me saying anything because I belive what goes around comes around.

But thank you all for your vote of confidence, I shall continue patiently waiting.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation