Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aggravated felon-deportation wiaved

My husband was convicted of bank fraud and is expected to be deported.I am a USC and we have been married for 9 years. He was a valid greed card holder and we never thought of him applying for citizenship.

We are in a position to make restituion to the victims but cannot do so if he is deported.

Does anyone know if someone can have their Notice of Action deferred until restitution payments are paid in full?

I, also,will find it extremely difficult to be taken so far away from my family who is here. Does anyone know of a case that deferred deportation as it would create extreme hardship to the spouse who is a citizen?

Thanks-USC

My husband was convicted of bank fraud and is expected to be deported.I am a USC and we have been married for 9 years. He was a valid greed card holder and we never thought of him applying for citizenship.

We are in a position to make restituion to the victims but cannot do so if he is deported.

Does anyone know if someone can have their Notice of Action deferred until restitution payments are paid in full?

I, also,will find it extremely difficult to be taken so far away from my family who is here. Does anyone know of a case that deferred deportation as it would create extreme hardship to the spouse who is a citizen?

Thanks-USC

Comment

If a USC commits a crime and goes to prison, that is also a hardship on his/her USC spouse, but the person still goes to prison. I don't think that they will give your husband a waiver. I'm sorry that your husband did something so idiotic, I know it's not your fault, but he does not have a right to a stay of deportation. There are too many honest people who have been on waiting lists for several years to get thier green cards who will happily take his place and not steal from anybody. I'm sorry if I sound cold, but people have to be punished for thier crimes. Even if it was just a mistake, he still needs to face up to his punishment.

Comment

My husband was being extorted and blackmailed by a mob figure who was his landlord where we had a restaurant and he did the only thing he could at the time to stay alive. If he did not make the payments to this person I was also in danger as he had already been beaten up several times. So please, lets not talk about fair.

Comment

PLEASE DON'T SEEK MERCY AFTER YR HUSBAND BEEN CONVICTED. The truth is he is a convicted felon and our laws are very clear on that, regardless of what was his reason to commit a crime. When criminal court did not buy his lame excuse, so don't try to sell here.And, even if we believe that he had good reason to do it, then still it doesn't wipe out that he has committed a serious crime regardless of what his situation was. Moreover, what is the guarantee that he won't commit another crime( may be murder, or rape of teenager) under same kind of pressure if INS let him stay this time, because then your excuse would be the same-"oh, mob asked me to do it, and he had on other option at that time to stay alive except just to commit the crime., otherwise i or my children would be in danger also..so please we should not talk about fair." Once a criminal always will be criminal, always remeber, why he did not think the consequences before doing the crime.You and he had option to ask help from court, police or move to some other places, its not that you always will live in fear of death from others, and if you are that weak then your husband would be attempted to do more worst crime in future under pressure if he was allowed to live here. I am sorry, he needs to get out from our country, because we don't have place for aggreviated alien felon, that's why our laws are written that way. Why should be forgive him, just because he has you or a USC, or children. If an aggreviated alien felon doesn't have any usc relative then you means to deport them and give second chance to your husband because of you. Come on, you should also be prepared to go with him to his country if you don't like the fairness of our law, and like to live with him over there.

Comment

To X
            My don't we live in a rightous glass house!Rember "our country was started by people just like on this post board" Look in the mirror and unless you are an American Indian don't be so hateful.

Comment

Observer, first i will forward this thread to congress and my local congressperson so that they can review your claim where you are justifying today's criminal with our past history of migration when there were no rules and laws. Second, we are not living in a time of 300yrs ago, we have rules and laws thesedays, and everybody needs to follow that. Third, if you are saying indirectly that everyone in this country were criminal 300 yrs ago except red-indian, then why you are here or want to be here so badly or even this original poster wants her husband to stay here, if you consider this country what you have considered it. Are you still living in the past because it seems like it, and as far i know the history of this country, people came here because of religious freedom rather than bank robber, rapist or all others aggreviated convicted felon. Lastly, why don't you raise this question to congress instead of me if you believe in what you have said it, because i am not the one who made the laws, but don't forget to tell them that we should forgive every convicted felons just because this country is based on criminals. One more thing, this is our country and whatever way we want to run it , we will regardless of our past history, whether you like or not, you have a option to shop around some where else. We can make our own rules and laws for the sake of our country, and don't care about what others say or think. I wish congress can pass the law which will halt all immigration applications for years including mostly visas and AOS, because we don't need anymore unnecessary immigrant, because we have already enough. We can find someone to do the job out of them easily, and i will write not only to my congressperson but also to whole congress and president to tighten our immigration policy. We do need a immigration diet now. Just because whole world want to come here, it doesn't means that we can accommodate everyone here. I will also write to department of homeland security for their efforts in this respect. America needs to wake-up now. We need a zero tolerance policy for immigration violators as well convicted criminals, and no waiver to them.

Comment

x,

It is too bad that hateful citizens like you cannot be deported and we have to wait for you to commit a hate crime so you will be sent to prison.Lighten up a little, and all you would do by sending this letter to your congressman is let another person know you are a idiot, and there are idiots in every country.

Comment

USC:
                  Your spouse and you did some bad choices in life (why didn't you involve law enforcement when he was beaten up or threathened?).

In any case, the only way you may be able to reverse a removal threat for an LPR after an aggravated felony conviction is an executive pardon for the criminal offense from your governour or the U.S. president (if you apply to your governour, you must be a resident and the crime must have taken place in the same state).

This is something very exceptional and almost as difficult to obtain as a stay from the BCIS. Good luck!

Comment

Dear Advise,

Thank you so much.

Yes, the prosecution did know about the threats but their hands were tied because this mob figure happens to be one of their key informants. He is basically untouchable even though they know he is rotten through and through.

Their only consideration was to offer less of a sentence.

Comment

Dear X,

I dont think you know what an aggravated felon is. It is a crime where there was more than a $10,000 loss.

Save your history lesson and go back to school. If you ever went.

Comment

X
                        After reading your message I think I would take some time before writing all those diffrent offices. After seeing how you type and speak you sound like a immigrant yourself and could be the first one deported..And after listening to how you answer a perfectly simple question maybe that would not be such a bad idea. Also. before you talk about the history of the US. Read up on it just a little

Comment

So, what you are saying is that your husband was involved in the mob. That's even worse. I don't feel sorry for him. I do think that he should be deported. It's not the end of the world. What's so wrong with going back to the country he was born and raised in? My spouse has NEVER stolen anything from anyone. He is a model person. He's not involved with the mob or any gangs. He deserves a green card and I get so angry when I hear sob stories like this. Why do criminals get green cards but not hard working people? My husband works hard in a hot kitchen and he gets 0 respect. He has to give half of his paycheck up for the rent. Life is so hard for us and we have a lot of bills but we don't steal, we work. People who steal aren't willing to work hard like everyone else. You can give me some sob story about your husband, but stealing is still stealing. Whether a poor kid steals a piece of candy or a rich kid steals it, it's still stealing. Even if the whole mafia story is true, your husband still commited a crime of moral turpitude and he must take responsibility for his own actions. You can't go around blaming other people for your crimes and making excuses.

Comment

Why are there posts saying that "X" is hateful? I do not see anthing hateful in his posts? He doesn't say anything hateful or racist. He simply says his opinion that people who commit felonies should be deported. That is not hateful. It is not hateful to want strict immigration policy. I do not completely agree with him, but I don't think he is being hateful. If someone disagrees with you, then you should rebutt politely and intelligently. Simply making outrageous claims about someone, like calling them a hatemonger, does not make sense. Also, the whole "All Americans are immigrants" argument was off topic here. I see this used often when someone doesn't have any intelligent rebuttle. All Americans are not immigrants anyway. Look up the definition of immigrant in the dictionary. Anyone born in the United States is not an immigrant. An immigrant is someone who moves from one country to settle in another. If someone is born in the United States and remains in the United States, then they have not immigrated. An American has no less a right to be in the United States than a German does to be in Germany or a Japanese person does to be in Japan.

Comment

Maybe you should go back and read his messages again. 95% of his message is hateful. I sure do not remember anyone telling us god died and let X take his place. We are all intitled to our own opinion but he could have been a whole lot more tactful. I wonder if he was thinking about contacting any congressperson while he was immigrating. I (doubt it.) Lets be honest now. If either of you were ever put in a situation where you,your wife or kids were being threatened with something very serious. Are you telling us that you would just walk away and not do everything in your power to keep everyone from harm??? Sure, USC's husband may of done something he is going to regreat now but, Until X knows the whole story don't judge. I guess what really pissed everyone off was his responce without knowing the full and complete story. Believe it or not. Making things up and shooting off his mouth like he did is also criminal.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation