Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Someone working on EAD, does she (NON USC) qualify for Unemployment Benefits? MOHAN, anyone who can answer!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone working on EAD, does she (NON USC) qualify for Unemployment Benefits? MOHAN, anyone who can answer!!

Hi, My wife has been working for the same company for about 5 yrs now and is about to be laid off due to company downsizing. She is NOT a USC yet but has been working on OPT and then EAD for about 5 yrs with same company and paying full taxes etc. Does she quality for Umemployment benefits? What happens if she does file for unemployment? Can INS find out she has filed for unemployment and is that illegal or legal since she been paying all the taxes etc. Thankyou folks.

Hi, My wife has been working for the same company for about 5 yrs now and is about to be laid off due to company downsizing. She is NOT a USC yet but has been working on OPT and then EAD for about 5 yrs with same company and paying full taxes etc. Does she quality for Umemployment benefits? What happens if she does file for unemployment? Can INS find out she has filed for unemployment and is that illegal or legal since she been paying all the taxes etc. Thankyou folks.

Comment

I think you have to be at least legal to draw unemployment benefits ie you must have a status.

Comment

Unemployment benifit... YES. I know somepeople who did in the past and he received unemployment for six months.

Comment

If you have filed for AOS for LPR I think you are eligible. But at least in CA they ask for proof of status when you file for unemployment. I know for sure temporary status such as H1B is not qualified for unemployment, but if you have EAD after filing AOS it is probably qualified.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation