Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Truth about Iraq

Recently it seems that not a day goes by without hearing or reading that the majority of America politicians screaming that we should and "need" to attack Iraq. But to my dismay and surprise, not many people are talking about the lives of innocent people that will be lost if and when such action is taken. Whether it is the young American soldiers or innocent Iraqi citizens that will be the victims of this "personal" war that Bush is determined to get us involved in it.

Moreover, such attack might destabilize the Middle East and hurt (socially and financially) the neighboring countries such as: Saudi Arabia, Syria and Jordan, but that does not seem to bother Bush at all. How many people remember the 600 woman and children that were killed in 1991 while hiding in an underground bunker when one bomb dropped by an America war plane- taking orders from Bush, Sr., one early morning in Baghdad?

One thing that we will never hear Bush tell the American public is that going into Baghdad, with population of over six million, we will surly be sending the young soldiers into the death trap that will be set up by the Iraqi people. Feeling that they must fight to defend them selves, they will fight to the end. Lets not forget that in their minds it is the American government that has caused the death of one and a half million innocent Iraqi due to the embargo that has been placed on them for over eleven years. When Bush, Sr., the war in 1991, it was not because he loved Iraqi people, but rather he knew that the Iraqi government had distributed a great deal of weapons to its citizens in case the Americans would try to invade the Baghdad and Bush did not want to take that chance. This was a fact and my wife, a recent immigrant from Iraq, had witnessed such actions.

She told me that the government of Iraq has found a way to protect its city and people by distributing weapons to each and every home in the city. The Iraqi citizens referred to this possible invasion of the city as: Inzal, meaning: The drop. This was short title used to for the meaning of: whenever the American parachutes down to the city, that the Iraqi citizens would fire at the American soldiers before hitting the ground. That is a very scary scenario and I would not want ONE single young American to experience this possible disaster. And if Bush thinks that he can go house to house fighting the Iraqi people, he has lost the meaning of reality!

And to the notion that the 3.5 million Kurds, which occupy north of Iraq (Kurdistan), would play a role as the northern alliance in Afghanistan, that is totally misleading, untrue and "day dreaming" by Bush. The Kurds after being let down three times in recent years, will never join Bush in his attack against Iraq. The Kurds have absolutely no trust and faith toward this administration. Most often I heard the Kurds referring to Bush as: like father, like son. Bush, Sr. has actually caused more death to Iraqi people than the government of Iraq ever has!

In 1991 when Bush "told" the Kurds in the North to rise against Baghdad and the Arabs in the South, and the American will be right behind them to help them, the Americans never showed up! The result: 183,000 Kurds left dead and that does not include the death toll to the South. Furthermore, Bush caused over two million Kurd to flee their homes and to find refuge in Turkey where they were denied entering Turkey. The whole world knows how much the Turks love the Kurds! They were left out in the open in the cold to die and starve. These memories will never go a way and that is one reason that the Kurds will never trust Bush, Jr., his father.

Even if Bush convince, or blackmail, the Kurdish politicians to join, the Kurdish citizens will not go a long with that. I know as I have visited that area sixteen times in the past five years and each visit lasted two to three months. During my visits, I had the opportunity to interview hundreds, if not thousands, of people from all levels. Last year I wrote a book about the living conditions there and how people managed their daily lives.

It was not difficult for me to get the real picture and the truth from the people I interviewed since I am an Iraqi Kurd by origin and they would tell me how they truly felt. The Kurdish people on the average are not too happy with the fact that Bush wants to attack Iraq and very possibly they will pay the price, once again even if the Kurds don't take part in this "war."

Another thing that Bush will not tell the American public is that Iraq has never attacked or talked about attacking the US. Even the causalities that the military had during the gulf war were all killed by "friendly fire." So why suddenly Bush wants to "free" Iraqi people from their government?

If Bush it truly concerned of the well being of the Iraqi citizens then he should lift the sanctions and let them live. The whole world knows it is the American government that has blocked the lifting of the sanctions and they can easily reverse that. Lift the sanctions and prove to the Iraqi people that you are on there side and I can assure the American public that such action will most definitely gain the trust of the people in Iraq. Bush needs to do ONE thing to prove to the Iraqi citizens that he is truly concerned of their well being.

Recently it seems that not a day goes by without hearing or reading that the majority of America politicians screaming that we should and "need" to attack Iraq. But to my dismay and surprise, not many people are talking about the lives of innocent people that will be lost if and when such action is taken. Whether it is the young American soldiers or innocent Iraqi citizens that will be the victims of this "personal" war that Bush is determined to get us involved in it.

Moreover, such attack might destabilize the Middle East and hurt (socially and financially) the neighboring countries such as: Saudi Arabia, Syria and Jordan, but that does not seem to bother Bush at all. How many people remember the 600 woman and children that were killed in 1991 while hiding in an underground bunker when one bomb dropped by an America war plane- taking orders from Bush, Sr., one early morning in Baghdad?

One thing that we will never hear Bush tell the American public is that going into Baghdad, with population of over six million, we will surly be sending the young soldiers into the death trap that will be set up by the Iraqi people. Feeling that they must fight to defend them selves, they will fight to the end. Lets not forget that in their minds it is the American government that has caused the death of one and a half million innocent Iraqi due to the embargo that has been placed on them for over eleven years. When Bush, Sr., the war in 1991, it was not because he loved Iraqi people, but rather he knew that the Iraqi government had distributed a great deal of weapons to its citizens in case the Americans would try to invade the Baghdad and Bush did not want to take that chance. This was a fact and my wife, a recent immigrant from Iraq, had witnessed such actions.

She told me that the government of Iraq has found a way to protect its city and people by distributing weapons to each and every home in the city. The Iraqi citizens referred to this possible invasion of the city as: Inzal, meaning: The drop. This was short title used to for the meaning of: whenever the American parachutes down to the city, that the Iraqi citizens would fire at the American soldiers before hitting the ground. That is a very scary scenario and I would not want ONE single young American to experience this possible disaster. And if Bush thinks that he can go house to house fighting the Iraqi people, he has lost the meaning of reality!

And to the notion that the 3.5 million Kurds, which occupy north of Iraq (Kurdistan), would play a role as the northern alliance in Afghanistan, that is totally misleading, untrue and "day dreaming" by Bush. The Kurds after being let down three times in recent years, will never join Bush in his attack against Iraq. The Kurds have absolutely no trust and faith toward this administration. Most often I heard the Kurds referring to Bush as: like father, like son. Bush, Sr. has actually caused more death to Iraqi people than the government of Iraq ever has!

In 1991 when Bush "told" the Kurds in the North to rise against Baghdad and the Arabs in the South, and the American will be right behind them to help them, the Americans never showed up! The result: 183,000 Kurds left dead and that does not include the death toll to the South. Furthermore, Bush caused over two million Kurd to flee their homes and to find refuge in Turkey where they were denied entering Turkey. The whole world knows how much the Turks love the Kurds! They were left out in the open in the cold to die and starve. These memories will never go a way and that is one reason that the Kurds will never trust Bush, Jr., his father.

Even if Bush convince, or blackmail, the Kurdish politicians to join, the Kurdish citizens will not go a long with that. I know as I have visited that area sixteen times in the past five years and each visit lasted two to three months. During my visits, I had the opportunity to interview hundreds, if not thousands, of people from all levels. Last year I wrote a book about the living conditions there and how people managed their daily lives.

It was not difficult for me to get the real picture and the truth from the people I interviewed since I am an Iraqi Kurd by origin and they would tell me how they truly felt. The Kurdish people on the average are not too happy with the fact that Bush wants to attack Iraq and very possibly they will pay the price, once again even if the Kurds don't take part in this "war."

Another thing that Bush will not tell the American public is that Iraq has never attacked or talked about attacking the US. Even the causalities that the military had during the gulf war were all killed by "friendly fire." So why suddenly Bush wants to "free" Iraqi people from their government?

If Bush it truly concerned of the well being of the Iraqi citizens then he should lift the sanctions and let them live. The whole world knows it is the American government that has blocked the lifting of the sanctions and they can easily reverse that. Lift the sanctions and prove to the Iraqi people that you are on there side and I can assure the American public that such action will most definitely gain the trust of the people in Iraq. Bush needs to do ONE thing to prove to the Iraqi citizens that he is truly concerned of their well being.

Comment

I couldn't agree more.
      Thank you for so articulately shedding some light on this issue. I, personally, am scared to death for all parties involved, and can't believe that there is even a possibility of this happening.

The whole thing is terribly contrived, but is doing a wonderful job of drawing attention away from the failures of the CIA and FBI to detect the September 11th plot, the weakening economy, and the Bush administration's ties to the recent uncovering of billions of dollars of corporate crime. If there must be dog-wagging, give me a Monica Lewinski scandal any day.

Comment

It is far easier to go to war than to deal with the realities of everyday life. In fact it is well known that during wartime the american economy is artificially inflated due to the needs of the country during the period of war.

You can see from the press reports that most of the european allies are not keen on going to war, with one noticeable exception Tony B.Liar...errr I mean tony blair and that is only because he is under the mistaken notion that it will give him another term in government.....his only prize in life is to stay in power longer than Margaret Thatcher (god help the UK). Blair has produced a dossier that could have been written by a three year old and wants everyone to believe it. No hard facts...just supposition.

I personally think that the press are to blame.......Bush made a remark and he has been pushed and pushed on it everyday and not wanting to seem weak in the eyes of the public, he has been pushed to the brink by the hungry hounds of the news media.

It is true that Iraq has thumbed it's nose at the rest of the world for the past few years, but it is difficult to do anything else when you are up against the wall with no way out.

It doesn't look great for Iraq and in turn the rest of the world, we can only hope that common sense prevails and in turn the saving of innocent lives on all sides.

Comment

thank you guys for speaking out what is so obvious... I still believe that a free country is one where it is safe to be unpopular...

a few years ago, my mother told me that her grandmother (a Muslim), as well as my mother-in-law (a Christian) told me that the book told them this was going to happen; a leader, who appeared to be "friendly" would dragg the world into chaos and mayhem from which there will only be judgement day. Clear your consciousness, repent and accept what is obvious!

Comment

It is also unfortnately true that the American public backs its president in times of war. I wonder, however, (God, I hope not!) if this will hold true when the war is completely fabricated, as in this case. During Desert Storm, there was no way that we could not have gone in to free Kuwait. (By the way, there is an excellent and intriguing book called "The Rape of Kuwait" - it's a fast read, but very, very enlightening - and very, very heartbreaking Please read it if at all possible!!!) Anyway, the patriotic wave didn't carry over long enough for his daddy, but I think he's trying to time the peek of the patriotic wave to come closer to election times.

I detest Saddam Hussein as much as the next person, but we will only be adding fuel to his fire - and to that of half the world. Americans are still in the mood to kick some ***, and we aren't able to find Bin Laden...

The feelings of dread I felt when Bush was finally "elected" could never have foretold the potential for chaos and destruction we now face.

To Better Tomorrows!

Comment

I suggest you all immediately sign up with the communist party, that way you can spout even more of their propaganda. It's embarassing that you are so uneducated.

Comment

What is more interesting is that none of these warmongers (Pearle, Wolfowitz, Cheney & DA GANG) have any of their sons or daughters in US forces who will fight this "necessary war" (read imperialist invasion). The point being, their twisted dogma of world domination becomes reality at the grave expense of the people of USA and other nations. Did we not learn ANYTHING from Vietnam?! How much blood will quench the warmonger's thirst?

Comment

sicko,
                  Well said! Imperialist invasion indeed!
                  Who's next, then? Shall we replace all forms of government with our own puppets, or only in those countries where they have oil?

Oil makes the world go round. It's so sad that we don't put even a fraction of all these resources we spend to get at the oil into alternative forms of energy. We could have half this country running on wind and solar power by now.

Would we even support Israel if there weren't oil in that region? I think not.

Comment

JUJU
                    YOU HIT THE NAIL ON THE HEAD
                    OIL MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND

Comment

"WHY U.S. WAR DRIVE?

Oil. Iraq is home to the second largest oil reserves in the world. Forst place Saudi Arabia is increasingly destabilized by the unpopular presence of US troops, along with the US support for Israel's occupation of Palestine, so maintaining control of other major oil sources remains a US priority."

from "War Times", August, 2002
                      www.war-times.org

Comment

War Serves No purpose other than Blood Sheeeeed

Comment

Yet we are seeing that U.S. is more than determined to move in that direction. Very sad.

Comment

The fat cats of the oil and military industries should put on uniforms and go put their own asses on the line. They're the ones who want war. The American people are just being jerked around with all this "fighting terrorism" sloganeering. Iraq is not al Qaeda.

Comment

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...402#9156079402

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation