Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Embassy Waiting Time

Has anyone had this happen to them at the Embassy, (in Egypt or any where else)? Packet 3 finished, medical exam done. I-129F expired 6/3/2003. Medicial Exam. expired 6/18/2003. All paper work in as requested. Had official interview at the Embassy on May, 12, 2003. My brother-in-law calls all the time and they say it is on the Consular's Desk, then today they find out that the whole package has been sent back to America and it will take about 45 days and then return to the Embassy. That sure sounded strange, we haven't read anything like that. He is waiting for his K-3 to return to America to his spouse of 5 years. The I-129F is suppose to reunite them fast, he has been gone 550 days and counting. He has an approved I-134 and also I-134 co-sponsor. Is this something new that BCIS is doing do the people coming back to their families or what? First they tell him that Homeland Security had his package at the first of the year to check things out and now it is back somewhere in the United States, they won't say where. Of course don't even say the word attorney, that is out. He has the 4000.00 dollars and he doesn't even call.

Has anyone had this happen to them at the Embassy, (in Egypt or any where else)? Packet 3 finished, medical exam done. I-129F expired 6/3/2003. Medicial Exam. expired 6/18/2003. All paper work in as requested. Had official interview at the Embassy on May, 12, 2003. My brother-in-law calls all the time and they say it is on the Consular's Desk, then today they find out that the whole package has been sent back to America and it will take about 45 days and then return to the Embassy. That sure sounded strange, we haven't read anything like that. He is waiting for his K-3 to return to America to his spouse of 5 years. The I-129F is suppose to reunite them fast, he has been gone 550 days and counting. He has an approved I-134 and also I-134 co-sponsor. Is this something new that BCIS is doing do the people coming back to their families or what? First they tell him that Homeland Security had his package at the first of the year to check things out and now it is back somewhere in the United States, they won't say where. Of course don't even say the word attorney, that is out. He has the 4000.00 dollars and he doesn't even call.

Comment

Hi JBird, if you can email me directly and we can compare notes. Im going thru a similar situation. My email is MS MAJESTY GIRL@AOL.COM

Comment

Sometimes at the time of interview, if the Consular suspects something, then they send back file to the approving authority for further clarification or investigation. It usually takes another 3 - 4 months for their investigation. Usually, they will write a letter to sponsor for some clarifications.
        Good luck.

Comment

why wouldn't they say at the time that something was wrong with the sponsor or co-sponsor. Our co-sponor made about 24,000 thousand a year and is his step daughter so I am sure that was ok, so what do you think?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation