Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

dece123,

I had my interview July of 2002. The officer asked me for more evidence 1982-1988 and why I thought I was illegal. So, after the interview, I submitted more evidence and sent the officer the 9/02 IAP case. At the interview, the officer was doubtful that I arrived before 1982 since I had only one document (transcript) with a date before 1982. He also wanted more evidence to prove that I was here during the summer months when I was not in school. I then submitted proof from the Social Security Administration that I applied for a card in 1981, and I also made a summary of my entries and exits from the passport to prove that I was not out of the country for more than 180 days total.

I was sent a second fingerprint notice (first one was 10/01) a week ago. I'm hoping that means the officer is about to act on my case soon.

The "IAP v. INS" case is precedent and if my case is denied, I plan to appeal.

Comment

mv,

Looks like good news to have gotten 2nd fingerprinting notification.
      Several things apply to my case. My visa expired prior to 1982 and also being a dependent on a F-1.I believe my husband has the same case as yours. We had applied back in 1988 through Ayda vs Meese(Same thing as IAP vs INS)and LULAC.I could also apply through family -Unity but that will take longer I think.
      Keep me posted. Wishing you all the best,
      dece123

Comment

MV,

What do you make of this? About 2 years ago BEFORE I filed my application under the LIFE ACT, I requested a copy of INS file (FOIA) .I noticed a copy with a card (+ picture) stating Temporary Resident. Issue date was 1992.??? I filed for LULAC initially back in 1990.

Comment

dece123,

Are you a "class 1" member under LULAC? If so, maybe you were granted a temporary resident card but never got it because you moved? You might want to contact Peter Schey at Center for Human Rights to get to the bottom of this. http://www.centerforhumanrights.org/

Good luck!

Comment

I will do that. My husband has met with him before. So I let you know what he says. Innitially we filed for the Ayuda case (like yours)in 1988. Then in 1990 we filed for LULAC , we are Group 2.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation