X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H1B adjusment status

Dear all,
    I aplied for H1B visa with company A in April 2002 and I've got approved in February 2003. Due to the fact that the visa procesasing took too long the company could't keep an open position so long time, so I end up to look for another sponsor and I filed the papers with company B after one month (March 2003) and I've got approval of the petition only, excluding my status.In that case I need to go to my country within 180 days to adjust my status. Is there any risk or problem with the US embassy? Is there any problem to come back to US again?
    Thank you for your help.

Dear all,
    I aplied for H1B visa with company A in April 2002 and I've got approved in February 2003. Due to the fact that the visa procesasing took too long the company could't keep an open position so long time, so I end up to look for another sponsor and I filed the papers with company B after one month (March 2003) and I've got approval of the petition only, excluding my status.In that case I need to go to my country within 180 days to adjust my status. Is there any risk or problem with the US embassy? Is there any problem to come back to US again?
    Thank you for your help.

Comment

Would someone know this answer? Also does it matter if you go to your home country or can one just go across the border to Canada? I am also interested. Thanks

Comment

I don't think you will have any problem with the embassy provided you have not been here out of status for more than 180 days (no travel bar if you leave within 180 days of your arrival or whenever you first fell out of H1b status, if that didn't happen until later). As for Interested, I think this is theoretically possible, but I have always heard it is more difficult to have visas issued by consuls outside your home country because they tend to question why you did not go to the home country consul (i.e., you might make the trip to Canada for nothing).

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation