Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Information about the new US-VIST from Homeland Security

Hey Everyone. i was reading about the new US-VISIT. I thought I would post the link. I think this is an excellent idea but I know some people might not like it.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interap...lease_0332.xml

Hey Everyone. i was reading about the new US-VISIT. I thought I would post the link. I think this is an excellent idea but I know some people might not like it.

http://www.dhs.gov/dhspublic/interap...lease_0332.xml

Comment

I think is a good idea too. Some people say it violate privacy rights but that is nonsense. US already has the picture of all the aliens because the Embassies require it for issue the visas. And the fingerprints are submited in most cases with the police records some Embassies ask, and in almost all international ID's.

I read somewhere that just today, immigration officers found 30 persons that were required by the FBI.

I think however that US should do that with the countries that have the visa waiver program. It's well known that Spain has many terrorists (ETA - or separatists if you want) so as UK (IRA).

In my country (PERU), when you are leaving, the airport agents check your ID in order to check that the police is not looking for you (avoid flying). It only takes 5 seconds and I think is great. I dont know if here it works the same but it would be a good idea. If you are clean, you shouldnt worry.

Comment

Cayita,

Maybe in your country (Peru) you do not have any terrorist problems (but I think if you look into your recent history, you do) then your comments would be taken in context. The purpose of these new measures is to find global terrorists not the kind that are so called "Freedom Fighters" that terrorise their own countries. Apart from one mad "Shoe Bomber" no European terror has ever been exported abroad. It should also be noted that most of the terror in the U.K was financed through American money.

Comment

I know what terrorism is like because I lived it. My country suffered from it between 1980 and 1995. It was day to day fear because explosions happened every single day.

4 out of 7 days a week we had no electricity or water (because they blew the electric towers). Car-bombs were placed in front of banks, police headquartes, and govermet offices daily. I have a friend whose father was murdered in his own house because he was a judge who convicted terrorists.

That is why I think safety measures are good, like the new system at US airports. I am aware that they may cause inconvenience to some persons and that some may consider them "violations of human rights" but they are for a greater purpose: the safety of all.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation