Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Leaving the USA for extended period of time.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    Actually, you should return every 5th month and 30th day. If you return at each 6 month mark, it may count against you. Again, apply for a reentry permit

Leave a comment:

• moondin
    replied
    All you have to do is return at least once every 6 months. Shouldn't be that hard.

-= nav =-

Leave a comment:

• NYCImmParalegal
    replied
    any absence from the U.S. longer than 1 year will break "continuous presence" for LPR purposes. Even absences longer than 6 months may count against you. Since I'm sure you don't want to abandon your LPR status, if possible, take a trip to the U.S. as often as you can while you are in the U.K. and apply for a reentry permit (Form I-131) filed with the Nebraska Service Center.

Acelaw is correct; you may not be able to return using your LPR if you've been absent more than 1 year, since USCIS regards this as abandoning your LPR status.

Leave a comment:

• aceIaw
    replied
    if you want a honest answer: "no"
    if you want the sugercoated kinda bull**** a la aguila and such "yes, sure...you'll be fine!"

Leave a comment:

• lostinspace
    replied
    Hi,

I have a permanent resident card which expires in 2010. Recent family issues require me to return back to the UK for a 2 year period.

Will I be able to return to the USA using the visa, even though I have been away for two years?

Thanks

David

Leave a comment:

• lostinspace
    started a topic Leaving the USA for extended period of time.

Leaving the USA for extended period of time.

Hi,

I have a permanent resident card which expires in 2010. Recent family issues require me to return back to the UK for a 2 year period.

Will I be able to return to the USA using the visa, even though I have been away for two years?

Thanks

David
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed