Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Why should it take a year or 2 for a citizenship when our friends resently got it for 6 months from the day they applied?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    There is a lot of uncertainty about the timing of I-130. Even when your spouse applies for naturalization at the end of 2004, it may take her another 1-2 years to become USC.

It makes a good sense to get I-140 process going. Also consider DV path.

Good luck.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Of course my H1 doesn't efect my I-130, but this is not what I'm asking here, you guys!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I don't have an EAD, beacuse my spouse is an LPR, not a citizen yet! I wish there is someone who knows enough to respond to that issue..

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    The H1-b visa allows dual intent so the fact that you have a pending i-130 should have no effect on your h1-b.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Do you already have your EAD through your spouse? If so I wouldn't bother filing again.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    No, you don't understand, my spouse has filed the I-130 already. My question is because that petition is expected to be approved in 2005 if I file I-140 thru employer in few months would I be able to adjust status before 2005 based on my employment or it's not worth it filing a second immigrant petiton?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    You don't have to wait till your spouse becomes a citizen. As long as she as an LPR she can file the petition on your behalf.

Marriage based petitions tend to be a little bit faster but this is not an exact science as case by case differs.

http://members.lycos.co.uk/usimmigra...pbb2/index.php

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hi! Guys, please give me an advice. My situation is like this: I'm waiting for an H1 approval, employer willing to sponsor for a green card after that, but at the same time I have a I-130 pending for spouse of a green card holder. The green card holder won't become a citizen before 2005 (can apply end of 2004). Should I wait for my spouse to become a citizen or should I file for a green card thru employment? Whichever would be faster in your opinion? Thank you all!

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic I-130 or I-140? Help?

I-130 or I-140? Help?

Hi! Guys, please give me an advice. My situation is like this: I'm waiting for an H1 approval, employer willing to sponsor for a green card after that, but at the same time I have a I-130 pending for spouse of a green card holder. The green card holder won't become a citizen before 2005 (can apply end of 2004). Should I wait for my spouse to become a citizen or should I file for a green card thru employment? Whichever would be faster in your opinion? Thank you all!
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney