X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I_751 in California

Hi every one
    I married my wife who is an American Citizen more than 5 years ago and, I recieved my conditional green card 3 years ago .
    We are both doctors and professionals and paying taxes to this society.

I filed my I-751, 24 months ago and I have stamped my passport again and the officer in INS told us that they are very behind and very busy.
    Any of you have any experience with the INS in California .
    I am really tired of this .Any body have any idea that what's going on with I 751 .Why is it taking so long .
    A fraud marriage don not last 6 years ,this is really rediculous.
    Thanks every body and any idea will be appreciated

Hi every one
    I married my wife who is an American Citizen more than 5 years ago and, I recieved my conditional green card 3 years ago .
    We are both doctors and professionals and paying taxes to this society.

I filed my I-751, 24 months ago and I have stamped my passport again and the officer in INS told us that they are very behind and very busy.
    Any of you have any experience with the INS in California .
    I am really tired of this .Any body have any idea that what's going on with I 751 .Why is it taking so long .
    A fraud marriage don not last 6 years ,this is really rediculous.
    Thanks every body and any idea will be appreciated

Comment

Minasa,

CSC is showing Jan 16, 2003 as their current I-751 processing date. If you sent your petition over 2 years ago then you should send a letter of inquiry to the CSC. You can do this through the National Misinformation Center.

Also, you were eligible a year ago to apply for N-400 if you are interested in getting citizenship. Despite what some might tell you, one can apply for citizenship while an I-751 is pending. Using N-400 might help you rid yourself of USCIS headaches in a timely manner.

I am curious though -- how did you qualify for I-751 if you only had your CPR for 1 year? You said you received your CPR 3 years ago and you sent your I-751 in 2 years ago.

Comment

Hi I Received my Conditional green card in feb 2000 .
        I made a type mistake.

Comment

Minassa

It appears that your CGC interview was close timing to your 2yrs marriage anniversary.. is that correct. maybe only 1 or 2months from the 2yr marriage req. Too bad you did not postpone your 1st interview so that 2yrs had occured. You would have received your permanent g card at that time and not had to file the 751 to wait.

Comment

Minassa...

Call them up couple of times... I read on other website ... it does help lot of times if u r lucky enough to get kindhearted person on the other line...Good luck ... Pasha

Comment

Other thing your wife can ask help of congressman to inquire about such a delay...Pasha

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation