Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS - EAD question

Anybody going through marriage based AOS - was it easy to find a job using EAD?

Anybody going through marriage based AOS - was it easy to find a job using EAD?

Comment

With EAD you can work for any employers. Whether it is easy or not to find jobs depends on you.

Comment

I find it more difficult to find a high end job with EAD. I have a Bachelor in Computer Science and still most interviews I went to I was asked if I had a green card. I showed them my EAD and they showed me off the door.

Comment

I had the same experience. Recruiter don't want to talk to you unless you are citizen or at least a green card holder. They find EAD a very temporary document.

Comment

My hubby got his EAD May 16, 2003. NO ONE would hire him without a SS#.

Last week he got his SS# verbally from SS office. He gave the company his verbal SS# and they had him start work Saturday. He got his card in the mail Saturday, so he was all set.

When I filled out the application for him, the application said there is a new law where SS card must be shown to employer for tax purposes.

Comment

ONCE (<- stressing the point)! I get my EAD do BCIS automatically notify SS to give me a # or do I take my EAD to my local SS office and request a SS#. I am aware of the fact that it takes some time before you are actually given a SS#.

Comment

YOU have to go to SS office and apply for SS#.

Then, SS contacts BCIS to verify, so the process takes longer now.

Comment

Cheers Josephine. Saves me running around in circles when the time comes.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation