Clear All

Guest replied
    all yeah,
    i appreciate all the info
    thank you for your support
    i have found this rather helpful

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i' sorry if anyone took offense to my first posting i met nothing bad by it and i don't mean to come across as judging a "whole nation"
    by one individual( seems rather prejudice of money after i took a second look at it but honestly i met nothing bad by it i just thought it might help other to help me in giving advise since the us is opening its doors even more to mexico

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Here is the article....

In an extraordinary decision, a U.S. immigration judge Tuesday granted four high-achieving Phoenix students facing deportation to Mexico more than a year to prepare their case, giving them a shot at gaining lawful residency.

The 14-month extension by Immigration Judge John W. Richardson gives the students enough time for possible congressional passage of pending legislation designed to help students like them, their attorney said.

"I am surprised," attorney Judy Flanagan said. "I think he is aware of the federal legislation, and this gives us time to mobilize this community and see that justice gets done."

She referred to legislation that would grant children lawful residency upon high school graduation if they have lived in the country at least five years.

The legislation has only a slim chance of passing this year, but supporters are hopeful it may pass next year.

Tuesday was the first time the four students appeared in front of a judge after U.S. immigration officials in June determined they were living here unlawfully.

INS spokesman Russell Ahr declined comment.

The four Wilson Charter High School students were on a field trip to compete in an international solar-powered boat competition near Buffalo, N.Y., when they drew the attention of immigration officials at the U.S-Canada border. A group tried to enter Canada while on a sightseeing excursion.

The four students - Yuliana Huicochea, 17; Oscar Corona, 17; Jaime Damian, 17 and Luis Nava, 18 - have lived in the United States since they were children. Two are now in college.

About 30 supporters attended the removal hearing.

"They are Americans in every sense of the word. They strive, they succeed and we should all honor them in every way," said one supporter, B.J. Wiggins, of Paradise Valley.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    It was in the Arizona Republic newspaper on a Tuesday about Sept 24th 2002/October 1st 2002??? I think in the LOCAL section, maybe the main paper. You could try searching the papers web site, or calling them on 602 444 NEWS. The local attorney here who supports this kind of stuff would probably know about it and may answer you over the phone for free. His name is Jose Penalosa on 602 254 0877. Remember MST.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    whats the big deal is a known fact that most( not most but a majority of them from around the area i live in) mexicans here in the us are illegal i meant nothing bad by it and im not trying to make any judgement on anyone.
    yes im legal im citizen and can anyone recommend a lawyer and more info on the new bill that might be passed by bush next year about high school students

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Congress is about to decide on a new immigration law that would let illegals who graduate from high school to gain Permanant Legal Residence. Its due next year. Look into when this is due and delay graduation until its law.See Arizona case of 2 weeks ago when an immigration judge gave a 1 year stay of deportation to 4 illegal high schoolers, based on the possibility of this immigration law coming into being.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I think it is pretty low to post something like "he's mexican so of course he's an illegal immigrant".

What gives you the right to judge a whole nation on one person?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Are you here legally? Have you consulted a lawyer? Since he was brought here unwillingly as a child and is still apparently a minor you may have a chance. Get a lawyer, though, because this can get tricky. Best of luck - no situation is impossible!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    i'm facing similar situations that i have read.
    I mat my boyfriend four years ago. he's mexican so of course he's an illegal immigrant. we want to get married and live our lives out here together but it hopeless for my boyfriend. he has no future he i've thought about forms I129,I130 which are the fiance petition act. i've talked to ins almost a million times now and im still at a dead end. i've thought of it all. immigration lawyer everything. all that i kkep getting from ins officials is that he's going to have to go back before anything can happen but im afraid that maybe he won't be allowed backm into the country or his petition will get denied for entering illegally. i don't understand, he came here as a little boy his parents payed alot of money to people to smuggle them and a bunch of others into the country so he didn't come by choice and now he's pay for it because he can't ejoy a regular fulfilled life.
    he's graduating from high school this october and we were hoping to move in togther then.
    can anyone offer me any advice references
    im desperate
    i promise this isn't fabricated im just looking for answers

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic marriage

marriage

i'm facing similar situations that i have read.
    I mat my boyfriend four years ago. he's mexican so of course he's an illegal immigrant. we want to get married and live our lives out here together but it hopeless for my boyfriend. he has no future he i've thought about forms I129,I130 which are the fiance petition act. i've talked to ins almost a million times now and im still at a dead end. i've thought of it all. immigration lawyer everything. all that i kkep getting from ins officials is that he's going to have to go back before anything can happen but im afraid that maybe he won't be allowed backm into the country or his petition will get denied for entering illegally. i don't understand, he came here as a little boy his parents payed alot of money to people to smuggle them and a bunch of others into the country so he didn't come by choice and now he's pay for it because he can't ejoy a regular fulfilled life.
    he's graduating from high school this october and we were hoping to move in togther then.
    can anyone offer me any advice references
    im desperate
    i promise this isn't fabricated im just looking for answers
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs