Green card - need to visit home country frequently and stay there for long time

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green card - need to visit home country frequently and stay there for long time

I got my Green Card through my US Citizen wife about a year and a hulf ago. More than a year ago I went to my home country to visit my parents. There I got an opportunity to built a huge multi million dollar manufacturing industry. But it takes time to establish this huge project and after all these production test it will take a year more to be profitable after calculating the fixed and variable costs.
    In last 16 months I have visited my home country 3 times and spent 14 months there in part by part ( not more than 5 months any time). I came back to USA 2 months ago for the last time. Now I need to go visit my home country one more time to observe the progress and need to stay there 5 more months. Because of my wife and children does not want to live anywhere but in USA I have planed to run that project in my home country from USA after it is fully estabilsed and get the profit time to time living in USA and vist it once or twice a year, staying couple of months each time.It is very important to let you know that I had a big trouble about 10 years back while I was in College. I have a arrest and a conviction record with a jail time for 25 days for bad check. Last time I entered to USA I was stoped, questioned by INS ispector and they inquired in every detail because of my previous arrest record. After that they gave me the clearence I could get in. That's why I do not want to apply to the immigration for a 2 year travel document. My question is it safe for me to visit my country so many times ( 4 times 19 months) in such a short period ? and staying outside of the country for such a long time? Oh! One important thing I am from a Muslim country and I have a Muslim name. So anyway they always check on me and look at my eyes like I am a bad guy...

I got my Green Card through my US Citizen wife about a year and a hulf ago. More than a year ago I went to my home country to visit my parents. There I got an opportunity to built a huge multi million dollar manufacturing industry. But it takes time to establish this huge project and after all these production test it will take a year more to be profitable after calculating the fixed and variable costs.
    In last 16 months I have visited my home country 3 times and spent 14 months there in part by part ( not more than 5 months any time). I came back to USA 2 months ago for the last time. Now I need to go visit my home country one more time to observe the progress and need to stay there 5 more months. Because of my wife and children does not want to live anywhere but in USA I have planed to run that project in my home country from USA after it is fully estabilsed and get the profit time to time living in USA and vist it once or twice a year, staying couple of months each time.It is very important to let you know that I had a big trouble about 10 years back while I was in College. I have a arrest and a conviction record with a jail time for 25 days for bad check. Last time I entered to USA I was stoped, questioned by INS ispector and they inquired in every detail because of my previous arrest record. After that they gave me the clearence I could get in. That's why I do not want to apply to the immigration for a 2 year travel document. My question is it safe for me to visit my country so many times ( 4 times 19 months) in such a short period ? and staying outside of the country for such a long time? Oh! One important thing I am from a Muslim country and I have a Muslim name. So anyway they always check on me and look at my eyes like I am a bad guy...

Comment

ok Jack. Im so sorry and you can just
      hit me on the head but I just cant help it. its too late at nite.

LooooooooooL

hmmmmmm..... Multi million dollar factory. Muslim country. Muslim guy in and out the country. hmmm

OK. All kidding aside.. I believe There are some time requirements but I will have to look them up and its too late right now. but I will get back to u if somenone doenst answer u first. and Seriously.. Mabrouk on your business and lots of good wishes for you and family.

Comment

ok Jack. Got ur info.

This is a partial post on Sept 28 2002 last answered by Azee. if you would like to read the entire post.

Re-Entry Permit
        Lawful Permanent Residents(green card holders) use re-entry permits to re-enter the U.S. after travel of one year or more. For LPR's returning to the U.S., re-entry permits are generally valid for two years from the date of issuance of the re-entry permit. The LPR should apply for this benefit before leaving the U.S.
        Conditional residents use re-entry permits to re-enter the U.S. after travel of one year or more. For conditional residents returning to the U.S., re-entry permits are generally valid for two years from the date of issuance of the re-entry permit or until the date the conditional resident must apply for the removal of conditions, whichever comes first. The conditional resident should apply for this benefit before leaving the U.S.

The Service does not extend re-entry permits. See Section 223 of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Please note that a re-entry permit does not guarantee admission into the U.S. Aliens with re-entry permits are still subject to the INS inspection process at the port of entry. It is also important to note that travel outside of the U.S for more than one year will under most circumstances break the continuous residence requirement for later naturalization purposes. See Section 316 (b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Advance Parole
        Most aliens who have pending applications for immigration benefits or for changes in nonimmigrant status need Advance Parole to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Aliens applying for advance parole on the basis of a pending application for adjustment of status must be approved for advance parole prior to leaving the United States in order to avoid the termination of their pending application for adjustment. Note: this does not apply to aliens who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who maintain H-1 (Specialty Worker) or L-1 (Intracompany Transferee) status, or their dependents, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid V nonimmigrant visa, are in valid V nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid V nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US, who have applied to adjust to permanent resident status and who have a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa, are in valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant status and have or obtain a valid K-3/4 nonimmigrant visa before applying for readmission to the US.
        Aliens in the United States should, prior to departure, obtain Advance Parole in order to re-enter the United States after travel abroad if they have:

Hope this answers your questions. oops forgot. Im sending you a nice pair of "Foster Grants" for your next trip. Never let them see the whites of your eyes. Again much success in your new venture.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation