Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Josephine, SSN question...

Jo, how long did it take for your husband to get the SSN after obtaining his EAD? Could he work before getting the SSN? If the employer permits though... I have an ITIN but I don't know I can use it for work until I get a SSN.

Talk to you later...

PS. Are you using the same email by the way?
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

Jo, how long did it take for your husband to get the SSN after obtaining his EAD? Could he work before getting the SSN? If the employer permits though... I have an ITIN but I don't know I can use it for work until I get a SSN.

Talk to you later...

PS. Are you using the same email by the way?

Comment

Applied for SS# May 15, received card in mail July 12. No one would hire him without the SS#.

On his job application it said according to a new law, he must show SS card to employer for tax purposes. Thank god SS card came in the mail the day he started work.

Another job he had, he had EAD, they put him through payroll as J1 Visa. I'm sure this will cause us problems down the road? We had no knowledge they were gonna do this. Taxes were withheld. But they never gave me a W-4 to fill out!

I don't think applications where we left SS# space blank helped, no one called him for an interview.

Same e mail.

Comment

That is bad news... If I get the EAD in August, that means I can't work and help my wife until October, dang! It would be best to wait and go directly in the Army then.

Comment

Hubby was supposed to get paid today.

I had his A# on job application. Got SS#, put SS# on W-4. The idiots at his payroll didn't cut him a check. His SS# was on the W-4, which is what they are supposed to use for payroll input. What incompetant morons!

Don't give up on the job hunt. I used to put all zero's or all 9's if I didn't have someones SS#. I would never let someone not get paid. I'll see if I can find any info about this "new law."

Comment

Can't find any info on web about having to show SS card.

Comment

Yes my Mrs. just confirmed the new law, you have to show it. And she tells me I can't use my ITIN. There was a cool job at the airport working on some prop planes, it would have been **** cool to get the feel of mechanics before going in Army.

Comment

http://www.ssa.gov/pubs/10096.html

http://www.kamya.com/ssn/

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board