X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me. I have Important question about I-129F

Hi AHalow,
    This is VPatel. I wanted to ask you a question. My Fieance I-129F was approved on Oct 3, 2003. I called the National Visa Center to see if they have received my fieance file. They said no. Then they said they have to allow 90 days for something. I am not sure what was the 90 days for. Can you please tell me since the I-129F Visa is totally different then other types of visa. How long does it take usually for the National Visa Center to get the file and send it to US Embassy in India where my Fieance is. Someone please help me.

Hi AHalow,
    This is VPatel. I wanted to ask you a question. My Fieance I-129F was approved on Oct 3, 2003. I called the National Visa Center to see if they have received my fieance file. They said no. Then they said they have to allow 90 days for something. I am not sure what was the 90 days for. Can you please tell me since the I-129F Visa is totally different then other types of visa. How long does it take usually for the National Visa Center to get the file and send it to US Embassy in India where my Fieance is. Someone please help me.

Comment

VPatel,

Don't panic. It usually takes 4 - 6 weeks for the approved petition to find its way to and be processed by the NVC. Sometimes it can take longer, but it usually does not. They are basically telling you not to bother them until 90 days have passed.

The I-129F is approved for a period of 4 months; however, keep in mind that you can usually ask the consulate for at least one 4-month extension of this approval if you need to.

If you want to, you can also contact the consulate in India in writing (include a copy of the I-129F approval notice, but hang on to the original; you will need it later) and ask them to open up a "provisional" file that will allow them to start processing your fiancee's visa application while you are waiting for NVC clearance. You should check with the consulate first to be sure that they will be willing to do this for you.

Good luck.

Yours,

Alex Halow

Comment

Hey AHalow,
        Thanks. But I have seen people who have there file sent to the NVC get there file sent to the embassy over seas in line one week. And these are files that are sent from the TSC. I have been looking at other peoples files not only people who send there files to India but all over the worls. And the NVC is taking about one week or 2 to send it off to the Embassy of choice.Please go here AHalow if you would like to see. http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php4
        See my situation is that my fieance and I have planned to have the marriage in the USA since the times for her I-129F visa is getting close. Me and her have planned for a marriage in Late or Mid Jan. But now see the way me and her planned it was that if she comes to USA by the end of DEC or earlier then me and her will have the marriage in the USA or else I will have to fly to India and take 50 other peoples from my USA side family with me to India. I had had to tell people to not buy there tickets for my marriage to India since this I-129F files was moving quickly. So that is why I am using the web site given as a referance to see how long NVC takes to look at files and sent off to the Embassy. SO please reply if you can with more good news please AHalow about the NVC. I do nto want to contact the embassy in India and give then any trouble. I want to know do you think this fileing process and my fieance can make it to the USA before December or at December the latest? Please reply . Thanks alot
        Vpatel

Comment

Hi V... I dont mean to burst your bubble, my scenario with K3 visa to Mumbai is as follows: original filing occured 3/12, file made it to mumbai 4/29... They have just scheduled his interview for 11/10... Once the file reaches India, they have to do security checks on the person. The fiance visa maybe a bit quicker than the K3, however, it surely wont be before Christmas.

Comment

Hey Julie,
            Thanks for the reply. But the K1 visa it totally different then the K3. Your visa is a immigriant visa you have filed for so it does take longer. The K1 is a non-immigriant visa that is changed to a immigriant visa once my fieance and I get married. So i think it will be much quicker. Please go to this web site and look at the people who have already got to the USA on K1. It is about 2 months or less between the second letter and the person comming to the USA
            http://www.davehollis.com/k1/list.php4

Vpatel

P.S. On my second letter they did write New-Delhi as the US Embassy in India. That is the one I had wrote. But I will have to wait to find out the final destination to which embassy the file will go becuase the NVC makes that choice.

Comment

Dear VPatel. The previous responders have offered you very good information, however, it seems you only want an answer that makes you happy. I, too, watch the processing times on Dave Hollis' website daily, however, every case is different. A couple I know was waiting for 3 months at the NVC - their original application was approved in 13 days. There is NO guarantee your visa process will be complete by January, however, the odds are in your favor. If you marry oversees you will have to start all over again. You are very very close now so don't lose patience - let the process take it's course and you will be fine. Take care and good luck.

Comment

Once the I-129F is approved it willtake 60 to 90 days to get back at NVC. then the NVC will forward the file to AMCONGEG, Mumbai that will take about 4 to 8 weeks time. do not rush it will be fine hold your horses.

Comment

I hate to burst your bubble also. My K3 petition for my husband in India was approved by MSC on 7/28. It was forwarded to the NVC and left the NVC on 8/7. It reached Mumbai on 8/12. His interview is finally scheduled for 11/20. I do hope yours goes through sooner, but don't count on it. My husband never even got packet 3, yet they scheduled his interview and sent packet 4. Go figure...

Comment

Some employees are so good they conduct their official business very well they dont want to wait until next day, like many of us do, I have seen this while, during my jobs in many countries, the consular staff when they talk to local they are to much man. I have seen this at many places. Last time when I was in one Arab Country One guy he was realy outstanding in his job you ask him he will answer any question about Visa, Immigration, passports, Birth records. One time an USC walked in he talked to the consul, while his guy was out of section handling a death case, Consul could not make him understand the hole process, finnaly consul came out again and told the guy what happened I heard that he said OK, Consul walk away.
                    The guy collected all papers and made him setfor while he put all in order called the Consul when he looked he approved the case and while he was walking out he said American need to learn the job from this indian.

Comment

VPatel,

Just want to confirm what Billiedance and others are saying. Every case is different. Also, I have to say the the NVC doing things in one week is much more the exception than the rule (it can happen, but I would be willing to bet that in a at least a few of the cases you read about, what really happened was the sponsor asked for cable notification of the approval to be sent, so the consulate got moving even before the NVC was finished with its processing. Just so you know, I wouldn't bother asking for cable notification at this point if you have not done it already; by the time they process your request, odds are the approval will already have been forwarded).

My key intent in replying (before and now) is to let you know not to worry too much if the NVC takes a few weeks; that is much more the norm, and just because the petition did not clear the NVC in one week (or even two, at this point) does not mean that there is any kind of serious problem.

Good luck. I also agree with Billiedance that you will probably get through this by the end of December, January at the latest.

Yours,

Alex Halow

Comment

Hey AHalow and all thanks alot,
                        Hey Ahalow one more question. My Fieance is in Ahmedabad, India. Now I have filed for the US Embassy in New- Delhi. Now my questions is that Mumbai is even closer to her then Delhi. But I have got replies back in this form saying that based on where my fieance lives the files will go to the closest consulate (Which would be Mumbai) no matter what US Consulate I have types. People in this form have said it will go to Mumbai. See my problem is that if ti was to go to Mumbai even if I wrote New-Delhi then i can send my fieance with the copy of the second letter from the TSC so she can get the provisional file started and get packet #3. But my concern is that what if the files does go to the selected US Embasys of New-Delhi that I have placed. In the second letter I got back from the TSC they have typed in New-Delhi in it. Now I got a few web links from people in this form and I looked at the Mumbai website and they said that for American Citizen services there jurisdictions are in certain parts of india(So I mean they tell you which states with in India the US Embassy of Mumbai handels for US Citizens) the same for the New-Delhi web site. The New-Delhi website tells me which states are covered for American Citizen services. Now I want to know does that mean also that based on these jurisdictions is where my fieance file will go. So what I am saying my friend is that I have listed New-Delhi and got New-Delhi on my second notice from TSC but she lives in Ahmedabad which is in the jurisdictions of US Embassy of Mumbai for American Citizen Services. Also AHalow if she does have to go to New-Delhi becuase that is the Consulate I have selected for her and if she travels to Embassy in mumbai and shows my second form copy will she be able to get Packet 3? And if they do give her Packet 3 is there any difference in packets between the packets given at the Mumbai office and the New-Delhi office. Also I do not want her file to get messed up. I mean to say if the file is going to New-Delhi then I do not want the mumbai office people to say "oh we can open a provisional file for you" becuase I think that might cause problem if the file is going to go to New-Delhi and then the mumbai embassy people open a provisional in Mumbai. I hope I have been clear. I heop you can give me guidence on this matter. When I started my fileing the I-129F never told me to select the nearest US Embassy from the state your fieance lives in . So I selected New-Delhi since New-Delhi is the capitol of India. Thanks alto for your help AHalow,
                        VPatel
                        P.S. If the mumbai office does give her the packet # 3 and does not open a provisional becuase the file will or might go to New-Delhi then do you think it would be a problem if she has it priority mail with express mail and first class service have packet number 3 filled and sent with the TSC second note and the copy of the letter from the NVC to New-Delhi if that is where tile I-129F file will end up at? I am thinking if this is possible I will have her do this as soon as I find out which Embassy her file will go even if I have written New-Delhi on the original I-129F fileing. ALso if the whole file does go to Mumbai and not delhi base don NVC choice then I will have her pick up packet #3 from Mumbai and fill it out and also return it the next day with all the paper work. So that will save some time. What do you think?

[This message was edited by vpatel on October 13, 2003 at 12:38 PM.]

Comment

One more thing.

I know the Embassy of Ukrine is different from India. But I was reading about the US Embassy of Ukrine just for general knowledge. Please read AHalow.

As of March 03, 2003, the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (BCIS) implemented changes in the fiancé(e) visa processing. Due to them, the need and the ability of the Embassy to continue setting up provisional cases service has been obviated.

This was posted on there website. So I just wanted to know does this also go in to effect for all other Embassy and US Consulates in other countries.

http://www.usemb.kiev.ua/visa_K1K2_eng.html#p8

Comment

Another question for my friend AHalow,
                            Hey my friend. I also wanted to know that if my fiance us Embassy turns out to be Mumbai and since this law about provisionals not being used has been passed. Do you think it would be wise that as soon as the embassy receives the letter she can catch the first train from Ahmedabad to Mumbai and pick up the packet #3. I will have her take the filled out DS-156. And if I am right the DS-156K form is not used until the interview? So she will need to get the bio data and the DS-156 filled out and get all her other documents along with the I-134 papers I send her for mines and my co-sponsor. And do you think if she gives the papers all turned in the next day after getting it all together that would cut down on some of the days between packet 3 and 4.
                            Please reply.
                            Thanks,
                            VPatel
                            P.S. If I am right she does not turn in any of the documents she has to gather for her interivew. She has to retun the DS-156 and the bio data form. But all her evidence, police clearance, passport clearnce, and other papers she needs to have them together and just ready when it comes time for the interview with packet #4. Please tell me if I am right or not? Thanks

Comment

Hey my friend AHalow. I hope youw ill be able to reply soon to the last 3 posting. I think you might be busy with alot of work.
                              Vpatel
                              Thanks

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs