Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no more 245i's

245i will be opposed by law-abiding citizens nationwide who oppose rewarding people for breaking the law

245i will be opposed by law-abiding citizens nationwide who oppose rewarding people for breaking the law

Comment

Oppose to 245(I)
      Those will broke the law have already been punished for the violations they made. Now they need to be regularized after paying the fine ($1000.00).Govt is suppose to drop the charges when the individual pays off for that violations they made, like u pay for the traffic violation. I don't think sensible peaple will argue/oppose the re-instatment of 245(I).
      I consider it in the best interest the country.
      U get the people into tax circle in addition to collection of millions of $. This will help in security purposes too as people will be identified & accounted for.

Comment

My life depends on 245i. If it is not passed I will be forced to raise my children in a foreign country where they don't know the language or culture.

Comment

Our immigration policy has worked well for 200 years , I am so tried of those that want to fill this country up with poverty level immigrants who they "think" they can control and get votes from, attack it and say it is "Broken". The reason it is broken , 11 million plus illegal aliens have decided to break it. They have overrun our enforcements agencies and put all citizens at risk .One of the aims of the 1996 welfare reform law was to reduce immigrants' dependency on welfare handouts. That worked initially. But by 2001, immigrants were consuming more welfare

o The report found that 21.9 percent of households led by
          immigrants relied on at least one welfare program in 1996.

o That fell to 19.7 percent in 1999, but by 2001 it had
          climbed to 22.7 percent.

o Moreover, in 1996 immigrants accounted for 14.2 percent of
          households relying on welfare -- which climbed to 17.9
          percent in 2001.

o More than three million immigrant families were enrolled
          in a welfare program in 2001 -- with about 2.4 million
          families being led by legal entrants and 663,000 led by
          illegals.

The study also reported that education levels are a key indicator
          of whether households will rely on welfare. Some 42 percent of
          households led by immigrants who dropped out of high school use
          welfare. But only 10 percent of immigrant households led by some
          one with a college education are on welfare.

"You can't cut immigrants off of welfare," claims Steven A.
          Camarota of the Center for Immigration Studies. "You're going to
          have to accept the fact that they are using a lot more programs,
          or you're going to have to change immigration policy," he adds.

http://www.cis.org/articles/1997/back197.htm

The federal government began legalizing almost three million illegal aliens 10 years ago, on May 5, 1987, wary of the fiscal liabilities of opening more public assistance programs to a population with high needs and low taxpaying power.

To ease the burden on the states, Washington closed some programs to the newly legalized for five years and reimbursed the states nearly $3.5 billion for some of their aid costs. Was the concern of Congress, the White House, and many state and local leaders justified? A review of the evidence a decade later confirms that legalization indeed carried a high fiscal price tag ÷ a total 10-year cost of $78.7 billion ÷ with the indirect and downstream costs still accumulating. In the ten-year period ending in 1996, the amnestied population:

Accounted for an estimated $102.1 billion costs in current dollars in twenty federal, state, and local assistance programs and services.

Paid total taxes of $78 billion, for a ten-year fiscal deficit of $24 billion in the public assistance and services portion of the budget.

These are estimates of the direct costs only. There were, and will continue to be, significant indirect costs associated with the legalization of 2.7 million persons:

Job Displacement: About 1.66 million legalized workers, 70 percent of them unskilled, displaced an average of 187,000 citizen and settled immigrant workers from jobs each year. Costs of public assistance to those displaced totaled $9.9 billion for the decade.

Citizen Children: Women in the legalized population had an estimated 1.25 million U.S. citizen children between 1970 and 1996. Public education and three major public assistance programs to citizen children 18 and under amounted to billion in the decade since amnesty.

School Costs of Undocumented Children: Remaining in the households of legalized population, or joining them subsequently were some 400,000 illegal immigrants by 1996, up from 177,000 in 1987. Costs of providing public schooling for them was $8.56 billion.

Five-Year Prospective Education Costs: Public education costs for U.S. citizen children of legalized aliens are projected to claim an additional $29.4 billion in the five years from 1997 to 2001, mostly from state and local budgets.

Total direct and associated indirect costs of the legalized population after taxes reached $78.7 billion in current dollars for the decade.

Large numbers of the legalized began to naturalize starting in 1995. According to the U.S. commission on Immigration Reform, 1.4 million spouses, children, and parents of amnestied aliens now on immigration waiting lists, will gain immediate entry as relatives of citizens. The costs of public education for the young people of this population and medical care and income support for the 900,000 aging parents is expected to be formidable.

Measuring the Fallout: The Cost of the IRCA Amnesty After 10 Years

The Immigration Reform and Control Act (IRCA) of 1986 set the stage for the country's first and so far only experiment with offering amnesty to a mass population of illegal aliens. The paperwork ÷ the actual adjudication of more than three million applications for legalization began a decade ago, on May 5, 1987.

The choice of "Cinco de Mayo," an important Mexican holiday, as the starting date was a recognition that the amnesty would be a predominantly Latino affair. More than 85 percent of the 2.7 million ultimately legalized were from Latin American countries. Mexico and Central America alone supplied nearly 84 percent of all legalizations.

Fears of Red Ink Justified

What Lessons, If Any?

In ten years the United States has paid out $156.7 for the! direct and indirect costs of the legalized population, but has received a little more than half that back in taxes ÷ $78 billion. That figure would be substantially higher if expressed in 1996 dollars. The total fiscal deficit of $78.7 billion amounts to a government subsidy to each member of the 1987 legalized population of $29,148. A subsidy of that amount would have enabled most amnesty seekers to establish a farm or business and remain in their home countries.

Since the legalization, the pool of illegal immigrants in the country has continued to grow and now exceeds five million (now 11 million and growing) ; the INS estimates that 420,000 new long-term illegal aliens arrive each year. The churches remain the most outspoken interest group now demanding a new amnesty. So far Congress and the Executive have shown little warmth toward the idea. This new realism is encouraging.

In the debates leading up to the 1986 IRCA, a sizable minority in Congress opposed any amnesty until the border was under control. They were overridden. The results were that the amnesty gave legal status to some 300,000 to 400,000 who had entered the U.S. illegally and claimed it fraudulently.

With weak border controls, legalization itself became a magnet for additional family reunifications, some of them encouraged by the more secure legal status of the anchor immigrant. Others came, and still come, because they saw the amnesty as a precedent and were convinced that the United States will eventually do it again.

Our immigration policy is not broken, our politicians are, the job growth is all driven by mass illegal/legal immigration. How many more malls, restaurants , janitors, security guards do we need if we maintain replacement population growth ? The jobs are mostly poverty level jobs that will require support of entitlement programs, surprising these are not the jobs that most illegal aliens do, unless they can speak English, most illegal males work in the construction industry and you will not find that on this list. The "Red Herring" that our politicos continue to wave in the face of the real facts is enough to make you sick and tried of them thinking we have "Stupid on our foreheads" .We need to take "Their " carrot away and beat them with the "Stick"

Alan Culver
          Carson City ,Nv.

Employment (thousands of jobs)

Occupations 2000 2010 Growth

Food preparation and serving 2,206 2,879 673
          Retail salespersons 4,109 4,619 510
          Cashiers (except gaming) 3,325 3,799 474
          Office clerks (general) 2,705 3,135 430
          Security guards 1,1061,497 391
          Waiters and waitresses 1,983 2,347 364
          Nursing aides, orderlies, attendants 1,373 1,697 323
          Janitors and cleaners (nonhousehold) 2,348 2,665 317
          Home health aides 615 907 291
          Manual laborers and movers 2,084 2,373 289
          Landscaping and groundskeeping 894 1,154 260
          Personal and home care aides 414 672 258
          Truck drivers and delivery services 1,117 1,331 215
          Manual packers and packagers 1,091 1,300 210
          All jobs requiring short-term training 53,198 60,871 7,673
          Table 1
          America's Growing Demand for Low-Skilled Workers
          Source: U.S. Department of Labor, "Occupational Employment Projections to 2010," Monthly Labor Review,
          November 2001.

Comment

posted July 14, 2003 11:03 PM
            My life depends on 245i. If it is not passed I will be forced to raise my children in a foreign country where they don't know the language or culture

I am SURE they will PAY to teach your child the language and screw thier culture brings yours and DEMAND RIGHTS you know how to do that RIGHT!!!!!

Comment

If the INS doesn't want people to come here, then they shouldn't let it be so easy. A person can sneak across the border easily. You can't leave a bunch of candy on the counter and expect a hungry two-year-old not to eat it all up. You have to lock it away. You can't just trust that people wanting a better life will respect the law and not cross the border because it's "wrong." If you don't want someone in your house, then you need to lock your doors and windows. If that's not enough, then you need to put bars on them. If INS had been doing thier job, then the illegal aliens wouldn't be here in the first place. You have to look out for number one. You don't store your money out in the street in front of your house, do you? You lock your car when you go into the store because you don't trust people to respect what's yours. Why should you leave your country open and expect people not to come? Or is it, perhaps, that you don't want to pay more taxes for more border control? You can't have your cake and eat it too. Either you pay for border control or you except immigrants! You can't blame YOUR problem on human nature. Human nature seeks the best and that's what immigrants do. People in need will come, no matter what you think is right or wrong. If you don't want them to come it's YOUR responsibility to keep them out. If you don't spray yourself with OFF, then the mosquitos will bite you. Mosquitos are just trying to survive. You can't blame it on them. It's your own stupidity for not protecting yourself in the beginning.

Comment

congressman-if you vote for 245i you have lost my vote on election day

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs