X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looking for info.......

Hi all
    I am entering the DV2004 Visa Lottery soon, my wife has lived in Washington State as an exchange student and we have visited. Recently though, we decided to enter the ballot for residency there.
    There are so many questions and I guess there are probably a lot that I am not thinking of....
    Is it hard for immigrants from Australia to gain employment? Are they given any help when they first immigrate? At present I am an Local Law Officer for a local authority, I do not have College Ed. but can learn most things at a speedy rate.
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    John

Hi all
    I am entering the DV2004 Visa Lottery soon, my wife has lived in Washington State as an exchange student and we have visited. Recently though, we decided to enter the ballot for residency there.
    There are so many questions and I guess there are probably a lot that I am not thinking of....
    Is it hard for immigrants from Australia to gain employment? Are they given any help when they first immigrate? At present I am an Local Law Officer for a local authority, I do not have College Ed. but can learn most things at a speedy rate.
    Any help is appreciated
    Thanks
    John

Comment

John,
      Nowadays if you're a white Anglo-Saxon, you've a very little chance to be allowed to settle down here without going through a lot of crap. If you were not white, did not speak English and were very low educatead, you had a better chance to get all your papers in the U.S.
      Those times are over buddy when English speakers were preferred in this country. If I were you I would stay in Australia. Your country is a beautiful place and Aussies are very nice people. By the way, I am English and feel like an ethnic minority here.

Comment

John,

There are thousands of questions you should be asking yourself but the most important one is: do i want to change my life for a dream? If your answer is yes, then do everything you can to inform yourself of the countless rules and regulations you need to adhere to in order to live in the U.S. A dream is only a dream until you make it a reality.

I must say I felt very badly for the response you recieved from another member here because the U.S. is a country built on the pains and strugles of not only immigrants but of those born and bred in this country. There is prejudice everywhere for every race, credd, colour and sex. This type of behavior will never be completely expelled from the U.S. or from any other country. The difference a person can make is to overcome what obstacles, regardless of what they may be, to achieve what they desire in life. Yes, there are hardships here just as there are in any other country yet it is with dedication and hard work that these obstacles will slowly become more of a hindrance than a windmill.

Educate yourself by reading of people's experince and visit the websites they post. You are your most important resource.

Best of luck,

Lynn

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs