Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my wife left to MX

Well I am a bit nervous becuase my wife got her travel and employement card about 2 weeks ago.. and I gave her the surprise for her to go see her parents in mexico. She has been gone for about 7 months so she was excited to go home...but she really wanted to get new clothes.. hehehe now I called my lawyer and they said she should have no problem getting back in the country.

while in mexico she tried to get a new passport (expires in april) and they told her she could not use her new last name, only her birth name. which is weird to me.

now she took her marriage certificate (original) and some documents like a pic of when we were married, our lease, bank statements, and ofcourse her employement and travel document.

now do you think she will have any problem getting back in to the country? does the custom officer have to let her in since she has permission to travel? any experiences on this issue?

Well I am a bit nervous becuase my wife got her travel and employement card about 2 weeks ago.. and I gave her the surprise for her to go see her parents in mexico. She has been gone for about 7 months so she was excited to go home...but she really wanted to get new clothes.. hehehe now I called my lawyer and they said she should have no problem getting back in the country.

while in mexico she tried to get a new passport (expires in april) and they told her she could not use her new last name, only her birth name. which is weird to me.

now she took her marriage certificate (original) and some documents like a pic of when we were married, our lease, bank statements, and ofcourse her employement and travel document.

now do you think she will have any problem getting back in to the country? does the custom officer have to let her in since she has permission to travel? any experiences on this issue?

Comment

anyone???

Comment

I am assuming she was issued Advanced Parole. Your attorney is right she SHOULD not have any trouble. It is not a good idea to travel with advance parole, it is better to wait for your LPR or CPR card. Even if she does have any "trouble," if everything is legit it will all get worked out.

"while in mexico she tried to get a new passport (expires in april) and they told her she could not use her new last name, only her birth name. which is weird to me."

It isn't weird. The Mexican consulate requires women to use their maiden names. Also, if your name (or example) is Smith and hers is Jimenez, her passport may read "Jimenz de Smith."

Comment

well the mexican consulate said that she could not even put my name.. just her maiden name.

well I hope there is not any problems when she is coming back in. I do not know what I would do without her.

Comment

To rflores2323:
            You post is not clear. You said she got EAD about 2 weeks ago. You have also mentioned that she has been gone for about 7 months, which means when she left she had not EAD etc. I means she left while she was out of status.
            Even if she had gone with Advance Parole, she can not stay more than the period allowed by the INS. If she can not get Passport in your name, then let her travel with Maiden name.
            There can be a problem with the INS when she will enter the United States because of her longer stay in Mexico.
            Good luck.

Comment

I am still confused about the time frame you have mentioned and may be some important words are missing in your message.
              I wish everything goes well with your wife and she returns safe and your family be together again.
              Please read your post carefully and if there is some correction to be made just do it, so that I can suggest something then.
              Good luck.

Comment

yes I just reread it and it is misworded..

she has been in the US for about 7 months with me and happily married.. so that would mean that she has been gone from mexico for that amount of time. she recieved her EAD and advanced parole 2 weeks ago (she was still in teh US) and now she left to mexico to visit her parents and sister for 4 days.. she comes back on sunday. but she has her paperwork so hopefuly she wont have problems coming back in!

richard

Comment

It really sounds as if your wife is not going to have any troubles coming back, and even if she did, I am sure she would not have any troubles finding a way to be with her thoughtful and understanding husband such as you ").

I am sure the red carpet is already laid out and you are just waiting for her safe return. You sound like a very happy couple and it really is to hear such refreshing words from others.

God Bless You and Your Loved Ones!

Comment

thanks for the post.. yes we are in love and I really miss her alot.. its sunday so she is coming home today.. yippeeeee.. hope everything works out ok and she does have problems with INS.

here is a pic of us with our new car

http://images2.fotki.com/v14/photos/...ch_kiss-vi.jpg

Comment

Oh my gosh, I am so lucky and so happy to see you and your wife. You both really are so very lucky to have each other. What a beautiful couple you are and may I add, WOW, what an AWESOME car "). You truly do have great taste all the way around.

Richard, thank you so much for sharing such a beautiful picture with me and such happy thoughts and words of your unity with your wife. God truly has blessed the two of you.

I can just visualize your faces now when you meet with her today. The glow of true happiness.

God Bless You Both and May God Keep Sending You Your Way All of the Happiness You Both Deserve!

My heart, thoughts, and prayers are with you!

Comment

I take it she must have made it back safely because we have not heard back from you "). I pray that she has anyway.

Let us know how things went, will you?

Take care and God Bless you both!

Comment

yes she made it in with no problem!!!

she went thru customs in PHX and went she went to the window the officer asked her how long she was going to stay.. and she replied. I live here and I am married to a US citizen. the customs officers asked her again how long are you staying in the US?? she again replied politly.. I live here now in Texas. Then the customs officer told her to go to thelittle room... where my wife was about to cry becuase she thought they would not let her in.. and she started waiting for the worse to happen.. and she told me that at that momment she regretted going to mexico becuae she thought she lost me.. well the officer came back in and just asked to see her advanced parole papers and started stamping away..and told her have a good flight!! I can just imagine her HUGE smile and happiness! well another thing that happened was the flight was delayed an hour and I did not know it was delayed.. so I was at the airport worried to death that she did not make it in the US.. well this guywaiting for the same flight told me the flight was delayed after 45 min of me waiting. and then the waiting started again.. well the flight landed and I was waiting with my heart pounding and my palms sweating becuase I was so nervous. well I saw her coming and my heart started going 100 MPH and I hid in a corner with a boquet of a dozen pink roses and spring flowers.. and surprised her by jumping out and she went crazy!!! Thank the lord that we are together and that everything worked out ok. I am very happy.. when we got home we checked the mail.. and guess what was there.. her social security card.. so that even made the day even more memorable.. I haev to say it was a wonderful day!!

thanks for the compliment on both of us.. we love the car as well. It was my dream car and hers as well.

take a look at our photo albums here

http://public.fotki.com/rflores2323/

thanks again and Im glad that we are together again. I am not going to lose her out of my sight.. Im holding on to her for the rest of my life!

Comment

Congratulations, I knew she would return to your arms once again without any trouble. You both are so brave. You have so much to be proud of.

I really am so happy for the two of you. Thanks again for sharing such beautiful and wonderful pictures. I enjoyed them so much.

God Bless you both and please, give my best wishes to your wife!

Comment

to White Female,

just wondering why you refer to yourself as "white female". Is it to stress that you are an American caucasian female or something else? Just very curious.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation