X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage Fraud

Hi,
    My husband came here on K1 Visa and we married within 90 days. We had our first interview for adjustment of status and he was denied GC, b/c he did not submit all of his papers on time. Now I have week to submit his new application or he will be deported. However, I just found out last month thru his emails, that he is planning on filing for divorce shortly after he gets his GC. His family is pressuring him to come back to India and marry his girlfriend there. I would have no problem not filing for his application this time, only thing is that I gave birth to our son last month as well. If he is deported, then I will forced to go back to India with him and there my mother in law will have me finished, as she has mentioned before. If I do file his application, then I feel as if I being used. Please help.

Hi,
    My husband came here on K1 Visa and we married within 90 days. We had our first interview for adjustment of status and he was denied GC, b/c he did not submit all of his papers on time. Now I have week to submit his new application or he will be deported. However, I just found out last month thru his emails, that he is planning on filing for divorce shortly after he gets his GC. His family is pressuring him to come back to India and marry his girlfriend there. I would have no problem not filing for his application this time, only thing is that I gave birth to our son last month as well. If he is deported, then I will forced to go back to India with him and there my mother in law will have me finished, as she has mentioned before. If I do file his application, then I feel as if I being used. Please help.

Comment

Are you USC or LPR?

Comment

Why would you be forced to go back with him?

Comment

That was my next question! If poster is USC or LPR, I don't see why she'd have to go there.

Comment

sorry but WHAT A ****!!!!! i SWEAR you shouldnt totally put your life on hold for this guy, i mean you have a Child together but read between the lines..sounds like hes going to USE you to get his status here in the States, then hes going to bring his GF-future wife over here to be with him and then they will try to establish a future here. Thats going to be total hardship and heartbreak for you. They might even try to take custody of your child!!! Its even worse that you had a baby and only now u find this out, I went thru the same situation and am still going thru it as you, only i dont have a child but im battling decisions about ending my divorce so i can get on with my life and marry someone that i truly love and will love me. God Bless you and all the best. If i were you i would just divorce him and take the custody of your child, who will love you unconditionally. Best of Luck and wishes for everything that happens for you.

Comment

I am USC. I only have to go back to India, b/c of my culture. I do not want to be used and don;t want him to know that I don't want to file for his application. The only thing is that I have no choice. If I file, then I am miserable, and If I don't, then he will make my life miserable. I wanted to know is there anything that I can attach to the application/paper work so that we are interviewed separately. He has been here for 2 years, does that mean that he will now automatically get his conditional GC, now that we have a child? I really need to know these answers as I have to send off his papers in next few days. I would greatly appreciate if you would please assist me. Thanks

Comment

You are not obligated to file for him. He is not eligible to stay just because you have a child together. Do not let him intimidate you into doing something for his benefit only which is not in your best interests. Culture will not raise your child, you will. What kind of life do you want for yourself and your child; what kind of future do you want to make available for him or her? Those are the only things you need to consider.

I wish you strength, courage and the best of everything.

Comment

Lily,

Ask youself WHAT YOU WANT IN YOUR LIFE? The choice is in your hand. From what I read I can see that you still in love with him, you seems like to try to keep him and try to make him love you (sorry if I was wrong). But DO NOT make someone CONTROL your mind. Be your own self. Think what is the best for you and your child. Its not the end of the world, this world so big, one day you will find a better and responsible man who love you more. Open your eyes and be positive. No one can tell you what to do and not. The CHOICE is yours. Down deep in your heart you know what is WRONG, and what is RIGHT. If you think by giving him his GC will make him love you more...(sigh...), then, I don't have anything to say. I wish you all the best and good luck.

I'm not a lawyer, act accordingly.

p/s Stop being a 'candle' that burning yourself to make someone else's life in 'light'.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation