Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

h1b renews for 3 months... is this a joke ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    It s not because you asked 3 years that we are going to give you 3 years...
    This is getting on my nerve. And this is completely stupid considering they know i have a labor certification pending for more than a year and a half. then i wouyld be able to renew every year... after my 'third' year in H1b status interad of my sixth...

Jeezzz...

;<

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    H1B is initially issued for three years.. IF you change the Company, INS will issue visa for another three years. lets say you change the company for third time.. INS will still issue Visa for three years, Unless until it will become total six years.
    Example: If you are already in H1B status for 4 years and change the company then Availablity for you will be two years as per the previous LAW. Now the extention for them who are under AOS , can be one year extension.
    INS gave you notice with the clerical mistake of one years as You not completing the 6 years bar , it should be three years.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    the question is: why the INS didn t give me those damn 3 years instead of the 1 years ?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    What's your question?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Hello
    Here we go again. I think this time the INS screwed up but i can t never be sure with them ;>
    I had a H1B visa for a company A i worked for them a couple of weeks and i accepted another job at a company B. According to the INS, i
    had to apply for a new H1B all over again which i did. And i got approved...Then i
    resigned at the company A and started to work for the company B. The
    visa H1b for the company B expired last april 2002 and i had to extend it to 3 more years.
    It took 9 months for
    them to process and the approval notice has been send to me today
    with ... 1 year renewal ! FUnny (sic) things is that the renewal started
    when my previous H1b expired (april 2002) so this 'new' H1b will
    expire in exactely 3 months !
    I had a look at some web sites about this subject and i ve read that
    even if you have multiple h1b visas the time is ticking at the date
    of your initial visa (which would be for me october 2001 !) and that once yu had a H1b visa assigned to one employer, you can renew it once for up to 3 years (exception 1 year increment when you apply for the green card and are still waiting)...
    whatever
    the calculator i am using and even if i had the 3 years extension i
    asked for the renewal of the visa for the employer B... it makes
    barely 4 years...
    Must be a mistake right ?
    Another possibilities is that my green card process is under way but still at the initial stage (waiting for a soon-to-come labor certification). Does this mean i am already condidered into the green card process ?
    Thanks for the one that can help me

Fabrice

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic h1b renews for 3 months... is this a joke ?

h1b renews for 3 months... is this a joke ?

Hello
    Here we go again. I think this time the INS screwed up but i can t never be sure with them ;>
    I had a H1B visa for a company A i worked for them a couple of weeks and i accepted another job at a company B. According to the INS, i
    had to apply for a new H1B all over again which i did. And i got approved...Then i
    resigned at the company A and started to work for the company B. The
    visa H1b for the company B expired last april 2002 and i had to extend it to 3 more years.
    It took 9 months for
    them to process and the approval notice has been send to me today
    with ... 1 year renewal ! FUnny (sic) things is that the renewal started
    when my previous H1b expired (april 2002) so this 'new' H1b will
    expire in exactely 3 months !
    I had a look at some web sites about this subject and i ve read that
    even if you have multiple h1b visas the time is ticking at the date
    of your initial visa (which would be for me october 2001 !) and that once yu had a H1b visa assigned to one employer, you can renew it once for up to 3 years (exception 1 year increment when you apply for the green card and are still waiting)...
    whatever
    the calculator i am using and even if i had the 3 years extension i
    asked for the renewal of the visa for the employer B... it makes
    barely 4 years...
    Must be a mistake right ?
    Another possibilities is that my green card process is under way but still at the initial stage (waiting for a soon-to-come labor certification). Does this mean i am already condidered into the green card process ?
    Thanks for the one that can help me

Fabrice
Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed