X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stamping Passport?

Can someone answer a question for me?
    If when I go to the interview and all goes well and they have all of the background check done and there is nothing that they still need and I am approved, will they stamp my passport that day so I can travel ASAP?
    Or does it just depend on the office on whether he feels like it or not. Not sure what the rule is in that situation

Can someone answer a question for me?
    If when I go to the interview and all goes well and they have all of the background check done and there is nothing that they still need and I am approved, will they stamp my passport that day so I can travel ASAP?
    Or does it just depend on the office on whether he feels like it or not. Not sure what the rule is in that situation

Comment

You will get an I-551 stamp if

1.) You are approved after meeting all the requirements

2.) Your passport is valid (it should not expire for at least a year)

Sometimes the officer who interviewed you won't do it, but they will send you to the information counter.

The Grand Poo-Bah
      Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckhounds and Groom of the Back Stairs

Comment

If you are successful they will stamp the passport there in front of your eyes and cancel your visa you came on and they will write "Admitted to Permanent residence on..." showing the date of interview.

Then you can travle that day if you want to.

They will send you green card in the mail, and card will have expiry either 2 or 10 years away depending on the age of your marriage.

Comment

Hi I am waiting for my interview for AOS. wondering if anyone get stamped on the date of the interview. Because I heard that they have an additional process called "Security clearance".

Comment

yes my stamp was cancelled in the course of my AOS interview and my visa was cancelled and they wrote 'admitted for permanent residence on (date)' that was in Boston,MA.

Comment

Josto,

I don't quite understand what your email means?
              How did you get your stamp before your interview and why did they cancel it?

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation