Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A senator or no senator?

Does anyone know whether or not it is helpful to involve a senator in your case. I have a sneator that is willing to work with us, and I think it is very important since only part of our application for a waiver was accepted... howeve I have heard that involving senators does not necessarily help, and may even be somewhat annoying to immigration.

Please let me know any experiences that you have had.

Thanks!

Does anyone know whether or not it is helpful to involve a senator in your case. I have a sneator that is willing to work with us, and I think it is very important since only part of our application for a waiver was accepted... howeve I have heard that involving senators does not necessarily help, and may even be somewhat annoying to immigration.

Please let me know any experiences that you have had.

Thanks!

Comment

If you've got a case or have a somewhat botherline situation, a senator will probably only agree to get involved when s/he sees a reasonable cause in doing so.

If a senator just gets involved for cultural, religious, political, or other issues without having a real lawfull or moral basis, the Agency will be naturally irritated (as you can imagine).

Good luck!

Comment

Hi. Thanks for your response!!

The senator that we have been talking to is interested in getting involved because they wouldn't accept our entire application for a waiver. (Which in my opinion gives us less of a chance of being approved, as they do not have all of the documentation, or even all of the initial statement explaining our hardship.)

So do you think that sounds legit or annoying?

Comment

Hey guest.. get over it. He was already deported and is no longer an illegal alien! Your wish already came true about two years ago.

So now, please let us go through the LEGAL process without your insightful comments.

Thank you!

Comment

what state are you in?

Comment

deport umesh

Comment

I'm from MD I live in NM and my husband lives in Ecuador....

Comment

then it comes to law, it is pretty much clear cut.
                  You've got to study the waiver requirements and see if they are applicable to your case. I assume that the senator or his/her aides have done so already, and that they see some legitimate basis for your waiver and that's why they agree to aide you.

The one branch of our powers, the judiciary (courts) has the absolute obligation to consider all factors and may not disregard material facts. Though in regard to aliens the general term of "in doubt for the defendant" does not apply, in fact the burden of proof lies upon the alien. Hardship waivers are very difficult these days, but it's not impossible depending on the circumstances and current prospects. Good luck!

Comment

If they don't grant this waiver I really don't know what I will do.... it would be the end of my life in so many ways! But here is hoping!

Anyway advise - thank you very much for your input. I'll let everyone know how it goes/how it ends up!

Comment

It depends what kind of case you have, how far u are.
                      You cannot involve a senator anytime, for any case. Sometimes it is too late, e.g., if your case went to far.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation