X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Special Registration Question

Hi,
    I have a question about special registration.
    I need an answer for a friend of mine.
    Now she was born in one of the designated nations.
    She has applied for asylum and she was approved after the interview. She has applied through the NSC and is waiting for her AOS/GC. Every year she getts an EAD until her AOS/GC comes.
    Now she has 2 children -male- they are both 19 or 20 and were born in the designated nation. They are derivative beneficiaries of their mother's asylum app.
    Now do these children have to go for special registration?
    I went myself because my EB-485 is pending.
    I read the INS instructions many times and it said folks whose interview for asylum was approved before a certain date dont have to go.
    Thanks for any info.

Hi,
    I have a question about special registration.
    I need an answer for a friend of mine.
    Now she was born in one of the designated nations.
    She has applied for asylum and she was approved after the interview. She has applied through the NSC and is waiting for her AOS/GC. Every year she getts an EAD until her AOS/GC comes.
    Now she has 2 children -male- they are both 19 or 20 and were born in the designated nation. They are derivative beneficiaries of their mother's asylum app.
    Now do these children have to go for special registration?
    I went myself because my EB-485 is pending.
    I read the INS instructions many times and it said folks whose interview for asylum was approved before a certain date dont have to go.
    Thanks for any info.

Comment

Well, because you may be dealing with INS officers who may not know all the rules of special registration, I would suggest that both of these people go for special registration, even if probably they would not have to go. I would have them take all documents to show their status, etc.

If they go to register but are not supposed to register, no harm done. At least they went. If, instead, they were not to register when they should have, it may be an issue. Therefore, there's no harm in having them go and show up in any case, just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Idiot! They don't have to go!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs