Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Naturalization interview

I have my interview soon, and I've been studying the list of questions from the INS booklet. Do the INS officers ever ask questions that aren't on this list? What else should I study?

I have my interview soon, and I've been studying the list of questions from the INS booklet. Do the INS officers ever ask questions that aren't on this list? What else should I study?

Comment

Where to find the questions?

Comment

You should be able to get the booklet "A Guide to Naturalization" at your local INS office. It explains the whole process (although the processing time line is a little optimistic) and has a practice test with sample civics and English tests.

Comment

you can download all of the 100 questions from the INS' web-site (under benefits/naturalization etc.). Some of the questions are slightly hard, if they're asking things like who wrote the "Star Bangled Banner" song (Francis C. Scott), or who was the President during the Revolutionary War or who freed the slaves (Roosevelt) etc...

Comment

Francis Scott Key wrote the anthem, and Lincoln emancipated the slaves.

Comment

Actually, Francis Scott Key wrote the Star Spangled Banner and Abraham Lincoln is the president who freed the slaves. There were two President Roosevelts - Teddy is famous for his actions in the Spanish-American war and winning a Nobel peace prize. He is also one of the four faces on Mount Rushmore and the man for whom the Teddy bear is named. Franklin Roosevelt (FDR) was president during the Great Depression and most of World War Two. He is famous for his "New Deal" and for being the only president to serve more than two terms in office. (he was elected 4 times; after his death in office, the constitution was ammended to only allow a person to serve two full terms as president.)

Comment

You can get questions and answers from office of your local Congressman or Senator. You will find answers like the names of current office bearer in that list.
                Good luck.

Comment

back to my original question - Do INS officers stick to the list of questions on the practice test?

If anyone who reads this has had a naturalization interview, please tell me if the civics questions which you were asked appeared on the practice test.

Comment

In my case, and some of my friends case too, all the question apeared from that list of 100 question that is available on the INS website.You have to answer six(6) correct out of ten(10).The dictatoin questions were also all from the list on the same website.
                    Good luck.

Comment

if you are going for an interview, here is a good Naturalization site where you read other people's Naturalization experience, the questions they have been asked, and the way the interview goes. Good luck.

Comment

if you are going for an interview, here is a good Naturalization site where you read other people's Naturalization experience, the questions they have been asked, and the way the interview goes. Good luck.
                        http://www.kamya.com/intro/natexp.html

Comment

thanks guys for correcting my misinformation...
                          I guess I've got to study a little harder...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation