X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In urgent need of help

I am in desperate need of help,
    I have been researching all I can and tried my best to find help on my case. I am an 18 year old facing deportation on September 19 of this year because I was brought to the United States as a child in 1986 by my parents. We came on a visitation visa and my parents overstayed long after it expired. I don't believe I have been classified as unlawful because I was first placed in removal hearings along with my parents in 1998 or so when i was thirteen.
    I need help and advice on how to best handle my situation. I really want to feel like i can do something for myself and I want to know what options I may have available. I fear that because there is no law for someone like me that I will be unjustly deported soon. There must be something I can do to make it through this long and stressful process. If anyone has seen this type of case or knows what I can do to remain in the United States please contact me at evela@dc.rr.com
    I have much more helpful information to offer on my case, so Mohan or any other kind soul who can help me please ask any questions at my email address or here even.

I am in desperate need of help,
    I have been researching all I can and tried my best to find help on my case. I am an 18 year old facing deportation on September 19 of this year because I was brought to the United States as a child in 1986 by my parents. We came on a visitation visa and my parents overstayed long after it expired. I don't believe I have been classified as unlawful because I was first placed in removal hearings along with my parents in 1998 or so when i was thirteen.
    I need help and advice on how to best handle my situation. I really want to feel like i can do something for myself and I want to know what options I may have available. I fear that because there is no law for someone like me that I will be unjustly deported soon. There must be something I can do to make it through this long and stressful process. If anyone has seen this type of case or knows what I can do to remain in the United States please contact me at evela@dc.rr.com
    I have much more helpful information to offer on my case, so Mohan or any other kind soul who can help me please ask any questions at my email address or here even.

Comment

I don't know how to help, but I will put it back on top, so maybe somebody who knows can help you.

Good luck
      Nick

Comment

Thank you nick, i fear that time is ticking on me. I hope someone can help soon.

Comment

I posted the reply but I don't know how it disappeared.
          Write your history, what was the result of deportation proceedingswhen you was 13? ther are published decisions are available for your review. what was filed with immigration till? did you or on your behalf ever filed any AOS package? any cencellation of removal OR suspension of deportation? you should explore these options. You must file cencellation or suspension and AOS. whats your parents/bro, sis status?
          Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Ok mohan, I did not want to post this here because it may be too long. Here is a letter I sent to members of congress. I hope it helps you help me more.

In 1986, when I was two years old, my parents and myself entered the United States from Mexico on a visitation visa. My parents then violated United States Immigration law by overstaying their visa. Until the age of thirteen I was under the assumption that I was in this country legally. My first knowledge to the contrary came in 1998 when we were placed in Removal Proceedings. Since that time my father has abandoned the family leaving my mother, myself and my sister to face this removal battle.

Recently, in July of 2003, my mother was granted Cancellation of Removal based on hardship to her United States Citizen daughter (my younger sister). Unfortunately I was told at that hearing that I had no claim to this country. I was then placed in separate removal proceedings on my own. I have since learned that my chances of being granted a Cancellation of Removal are nonexistent. Needless to say this comes as a shock as life in the United States is all I've ever known. I had hoped that once my mother became a permanent resident, I could then seek Cancellation of Removal based on hardship to her. However the INS appealed her case on August 7th and she is not a lawful resident until the appeal is decided on. My hearing has been set for September 19th, 2003 and without some sort of intervention I fear I will at that time be facing deportation.

I feel its important to point out at this time that it has been explained to me that I personally have not broken any immigration laws. While I have neither intent nor desire to break any laws I think it easy to understand how frustrating and frightening this entire situation is. As difficult as it is, I feel it important to maintain a positive outlook while at the same time leaving no stone unturned in my efforts to right an extreme wrong. Without question, forcing one to leave the only home they have ever known does indeed constitute an extreme wrong. I understand these procedures are necessary for those who have broken the law and I fully support them. However, in my case I was a child at the time the laws were violated and had no control over what was taking place.

My wish is to be allowed to remain in the United States and eventually become a US Citizen. My goals and dreams are no different than any other lawful American. There is nothing that could convince me that I am, in fact, not an American. The fact that my right to remain is in question, gives me a deeper understanding and appreciation for this country that perhaps some citizens may take for granted.

As a citizen I feel like I would have so much to offer. I can prove that I performed very well in school and also had letters from colleges being sent to me. I have been in high honors, and honor roll lists and in my first two years of high school I maintained a 3.3 to 3.5 grade point average. There is absolutely nothing to be gained by the INS for deporting me. And I strongly believe that I can be an asset to this country. I don't see why America my sweet home would want to lose out on another successful potential citizen, not to mention a lawful, loyal taxpayer.

I need some help, some form of relief or amnesty from congress for this injustice. I believe that currently bills are being introduced that would help someone like me. However, I am afraid that by the time any laws are changed that I will be suffering in Mexico away from all my family and most importantly away from the love of my life and future wife. Please consider what I am being punished for so severely. I am being punished with a life sentence for a crime my parents committed when I was 2 years old.

There are others like me. Young men and women worthy of the same opportunities American children, through no fault of their own, take for granted. It is my hope that with your help and guidance I can help those like me before they give up on life. I am no longer afraid to stand for what is right. If I can be the one that sets a new precedent for others like me then it is my desire to do so. If I can survive this trial and come out of the tunnel to the light then I will make sure to help in every way I can all others that face this hardship. I love my country with every fiber of my being. Please help me; I need support, guidance and encouragement to win this case. If there is anything you can advice me on for my hearing on September 19 of this year I would be forever grateful.

Thank you so much for your time and your support.

Comment

Also, to explain how i was first placed in removal hearings... On a recent consultation to an attorney, I was told that either my parents or our previous attorney had "turned me in" when my parents used some sort of immigration form filing service company to enter us into removal hearings. I believe this was on the advice of one of our other family members who had already gained AOS with suspension of deportation.
              Unfortunately, I believe no one ever told my parents that the law had changed and that with the new Cancelation of remvoal proceedings everything was much more difficult.
              Well anyway, this attorney we consulted with said that I should have never been placed in removal proceedings because I would never qualify for that benefit (parent,spouse or child rule).

Comment

its ok if you don't want to write it here. Attorney is right by saying that you sghould not be put in removal, because you don't have much option available for relief.
                one thought is to marry USC and take it from there but it will not happend soon for the date of hearing,( if you are planing to marry to USC then your attorney might ask for another hearing date to get you some time).
                there are cases, which was granted similar to you your case, ask you attorney OR search your self with published And non published decision.
                you case will be hard as you don't have enough support but its not impossible, you need someone (attorney ) who can really stand for you and do the work with special interest, who know the law inside out and must be kept himself updated with new LAW. it will be hard to find this kind of attorney, So you have to work with him and do the search.
                Its a discussion, not a legal advise..

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed