Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    Plebe, of many monikers, you are nothing but a snake.

Like I told you a long time ago, the "Old Navy" t-shirt is NOT gonna help you find your dad!

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Oh right! I don't go by any other name on this board. When I first found it I posted under the name of Learning. When they required registration I became Still Learning. I live in the South, which seems to be a rarity on this board. Plebe, it is people like you that are running the helpful and pleasant people away from this board. If you're bored I can give you links to a number of bulletin boards that need livening up.

Leave a comment:

• Plebe
    replied
    SHILPA = PersianKitten = LutonGirl = Still Learning = Josephine Schmoe

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    SHIPLA, I wasnt going to be asking persiankitten for advice just merely someone to communicate with whilst going through all this,i have asked for advice on the forums and have been answered by people who know what they are talking about and i appreciate that..but like i say it would be nice to have contact with someone who knows how it all feels throughout this whole process...hope this clears up and missunderstanding...have a great day.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    LutonGirl, Why do you even want to have email address of PersianKitten, who can not even read and understand the instructions that are written in black and white. Also, PersianKitten can not even understand the text of the people who advise him/her. Do you want to ruin your case by dealing with PersianKitten?
    If you really need advise in your case then ask the email addresses of Josephine Schomo, Mohan, Umesh, Me2 and others rather than PersianKitten, who has serious mental problems.

Leave a comment:

• LutonGirl
    replied
    PersianKitten??? do you have hotmail?? i am going thru the same as you and would be good to talk to someone thru out this whole procedure let me know thanx.

Leave a comment:

• Bushmaster
    replied
    Unfortunately, "it's all too evident" that you are one of a kind STUPID, you use the same words under different names!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    hahahaha -- it's all evident this is a f u c k i n g fake thread LOL LOL LOL

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    YW!

Too much cross referencing involved!

Is there a book, "Immigration for Dummies?"

Then we wouldn't need this forum!

Peace!

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Josephine, thank you very much for posting the info about the offices. I'm going to print that out to have for when we actually start filing forms because sometimes I actually get dizzy looking at that atuff. It seems so simple at first but there are lots of little twists and turns!

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Please help Umesh...Josephine and Sammy

We were both addressed in this thread.

Sammy has his way of answering. I have mine.

Guess it's time to say goodbye to this formum.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Josephine,

Actually, it was so nice of you to clear it up those misunderstandings that Persiankitten and GuestW has. However, even though it's very useful and informative, but it really was not necessary, because- anyone can read PersianKitten's post dated 08/08/03 at 4:14 P.M., where s/he said-"Im filing the paper work at Mesquite Service Center", and Sammy never said that PersianKitten won't need to submit medi.exam along with AOS if s/he will file AOS with SERVICE CENTER, instead he did say clearly that if someone will file AOS with Service Center, then they must need to submit medi. exam with their AOS.

Furthermore, prior to Sammy's answer, PersianKitten, never disclosed or mentioned about-where s/he will be filing AOS- whether at INS Service Center or local INS office. I believe Sammy presumed that PersianKitten will be filing his/her AOS with local office because most of the people who come on this board are involved in a family based immigration. And, Sammy knew that- in a case of family based immigration, AOS needs to be filed with local office at most of time, hence he offered his help based on his presumption that PersianKitten will file his/her AOS with local office. So, I don't think that Sammy was wrong, and PersianKitten shouldn't be even asking about any apology from Sammy when PersianKitten has said in his/her post dated-08/08/03 at 4:14 P.M. that "infact I was correct & Sammy was wrong......I think I deserve an apology!", as well on another post of dated 08/08/03 at 5:30 P.M., where PersianKitten said-"sorry, Josephine what I meant to say was I think I deserve an apology from Sammy, he was trying to get smart with me but that obviously backfired!" Now, the question is- where and how Sammy was wrong in his answer on medical exam? And, why does he need to be apologized to PersianKitten?

I believe PersianKitten is the one who should be apologized to Sammy because s/he is the one who did not understand and comprehend Sammy's answer on the differences of filing AOS with Service Center and local office. PersianKitten should also be apologized to Sammy for his/her misunderstanding because s/he is the one who did not undersand and comprehend the instructions written on Form-I485 too, even though it is written very cleary in 'black & white' about this medical exam stuff. We all now know, how is PersianKitten's ability of understanding and comprehension when s/he can not even get the information right which are written in 'black & white', and then s/he is very good in saying on his/her post dated 08/07/03 at 11:39 A.M. that "UHHHHHHHHHHH dont need to do my medical exam??? dont know where your getting this information.....but I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS".

I think we should know PersianKitten's character by now, because s/he said on one of the post dated 08/08/03 at 6:00 P.M. that "infact I was just asking for advise like everyone else on this forum", then can somebody tell us what is this- when PersianKitten said on another posts dated 08/07/03 at 1:25 P.M. that "NO WONDER YOU ARE SO HATED ON THIS FORUM COS U THINK YOU KNOW IT ALL...PUT PPL DOWN, GIVE THEM WRONG INFO", and on another post dated 08/008/03 at 5:30 P.M. that "Sammy was trying to get smart with me but that obviously backfired!", and here another one also, dated 08/08/03 at 6:00 P.M. that "I dont think Sammy will be returning to this thread as I have really PISSED him off". Are these look "asking for advises" to anyone, that was PersianKitten talking about?

I don't think that Sammy gives wrong advises as PersianKitten is saying, otherwise people won't be calling his name for help. Furthermore, if PersianKitten thinks that Sammy gives wrong advises then why did PersianKitten herself even requested to Sammy by calling Sammy's name for help?

Similarly, I don't think either that Sammy is being hated on this forum because of he thinks he knows it all, as PersianKitten is saying, instead I believe some people alike PersianKitten hate him because they can not be like him and because they can not help people anyhow like he does. Therefore, they want him to go away by trying all kind of tricks in different IDs and by calling him 'traitor' and be a "Guest". So, no wonder PersianKitten is also one of them. Now, the questions are- Does Sammy put ppl down as PersianKitten is saying? Does Sammy give wrong information as PersianKitten is saying? And, it is very surprising that after all those hatred wordings against Sammy, PersianKitten has said on his/her post dated 08/07/03 at 1:25 P.M. that "I M NOT AT ALL A BAD PERSON...DONT JUDGE ME BY ONE OF MY POSTS", but then PersianKitten is judging Sammy by his posts, isn't it? And, if not, then how PersianKitten has judged all those hatred against Sammy, if those are not based upon his posts?

As well, GuestW said on her post dated 08/10/03 at 11:42 A.M.that "in my case his (Sammy) advise came too late", but in fact, I found that Sammy responded to GuestW immediately on the same day within an hour to her post. It was not Sammy's fault, if GuestW did not post her question before, or on May, because she said on her post dated 08/08/03 at 6:52 P.M. that "I don't think that the wise Sammy was here in May to give me the correct info.". But, in fact, Sammy was here on April and May also because he did answer to my questions back then. And, GuestW did also say on her post dated 08/08/03 at 6:52 P.M.that "He (Sammy)seems to have an awful lot to say", but I don't think that Sammy was "awful" as GuestW is saying, because I believe he was just asking PersianKitten to check the document-requirement by himself, because it seemed to him unnecessary to write over here because those requried documents are very well discribed on the applications by itself. Similarily,, if local INS office had asked the medical exam from GuestW, then I still do not think that Sammy was wrong in his advise because as he did say earlier that INS instruction does say that "wait for INS instructions on how, when and where to submit medical exam" and he did say that rules are varied offices to offices.

Because of the style and length of my post, you may think that I am Sammy, but I am not ( I wish . I am one of you, who got Sammy's help many times in the past and I felt that I owe to him at least to clear it up the misunderstandings that PersianKitten and GuestW has against Sammy. You can think whatever about me, but truth will stand for itself and I also hope that Sammy won't leave this site. PEACE.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm not mad at anybody!

Once I saw who's right and who's wrong starting, I backed out the post.

I went to BCIS web site and found that the Mesquite office is the Texas Service Center.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...al/index.htm#A

"I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status (Some types of adjustment applications should be filed at the District Office* or at a specific Service Center. For detailed filing information, please see the Forms Entry Page for Form I-485)"

*District means "local." You could live on the street between the Texas Service Center and the Dallas District Office, but Dallas is the "local" office, not the Service Center. They are two totally different animals.

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/.../i-485.htm#fba

"Special Instruction:
    The I-485 in this case may be filed at the same time as the visa petition (I-130) which is filed by the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident. See your LOCAL office "About Us" page for any special local instructions including any local forms needed to apply for permanent residence."

FROM I-693(Medical)Instructions

http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...orms/i-693.htm

"Where to File: If filing for adjustment of status at a Service Center, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, with Form I-485 package to the Service Center. If filing for adjustment of status at a LOCAL office, you should submit the completed Form I-693, sealed in an envelope from the physician, at the TIME OF YOUR ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS INTERVIEW. Please note: some LOCAL offices request that you file Form I-693 with your adjustment of status application packet to allow for quicker processing. Please check the web page of your local office under "Local Filing Procedures" to determine if your local office wants Form I-693 at the time of filing Form I-485 or at the time of interview."

Link to Dallas District Office (local)
    http://www.immigration.gov/graphics/...m#anchor155614

"Dallas Local Filing Procedures

Adjustment of Status:

Forms I-485 (Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjustment of Status) that are family based are to be filed by mail with the Dallas District Office. 8101 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75247. Forms I-485 that are employment based are to be filed by mail with the Texas Service Center at BCIS TSC, P.O. Box 851804, Mesquite, TX 75185-1204.

Employment Authorization Documents (EADs) (first time & renewals)

If you are a first time applicant, you must file Form I-765, Application for Employment Authorization, by mail to the Dallas District Office, 8101 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75247. You must have Form I-485, Adjustment of Status, filed with this office. Send a copy of the receipt for Form I-485 with the Form I-765. You will be scheduled to receive your card within 90 days. If for some reason you have not received an appointment notice after 90 days, you can mail an inquiry or come in person to check the status of the application. If you are renewing your EAD card, the above still applies."

There is NO MENTION of any filing procedures for I-693 under "Local Filing Procedures" at the Dallas District (local) site.

Neither at Boston, where I filed.

I remember I was confused about this too when I did mine. Do we ASSUME since there is no mention of I-693 that we follow the instructions above, or do we have to take it a step further?

Per what I have learned as a paralegal, leave it at that. If the local office wanted the I-693 with the AOS they would have said same.

There is no right or wrong answer here. Both the lawyers I didn't use told us to hold off on the medical exam.

Try to get a number for the LOCAL office. See what they say, but call three times and hope to get the same answer those three times. Then let us know!

Leave a comment:

• Still Learning
    replied
    Before any of us get all "up in arms" about a remark or wording of a reply we need to remember that most of us are VERY stressed right now and how easy it is to misunderstand intent or tone in type. This forum is a fantastic way to spread a lot of information, get many opinions, and tap into others' experience and knowledge, but it still has it's limits. Personally, I TRY to look at remarks, etc. from a positive angle if at all possible. I've found that if I don't humble myself I'll BE humbled! I have a question too....everyone keeps talking about "local" office and service center. I thought everything had to go to service center? What is local office for?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm know Sammy means well, but in my case his advice came too late. The AOS inc. medical were already filed 3 months ago. It's too late now to change anything.
    I don't understand why he is leaving the board, everybody seeks his advice and just because he and I had a disagreement seems to be a ridiculous reason for him to abandon you all. I'm a nobody. people don't know or care who I am, so I'm leaving. If I'm not deported in the next few weeks I will hopefully post my experience on my camping trip to Federal Plaza for my EAD, if that's OK with you all. That may be helpful to some people in the future.

PersianKitten I hope that all goes well for you and I wish you all the best.
    Jo, maybe I'll see you over at Marie's sometime if you are still speaking to me.
    I had better start packing just in case they come for me. See ya.

Leave a comment:

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation