Please help Umesh...Josephine and Sammy

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UHHHHHHHH dont need to do my Medical Exam??? dont know where your getting this info from..but I HAVE READ THE INSTRUCTIONS and it said to include the medical exam when filing for Adjustment of Status. Infact i got the forms from the INS and i had a pink letter telling me that i NEED to get my medical exam done and send it off with the application.

Comment

It seems that I was so stupid to waste my time on your post in order to help you, especially the way you have responded back. I really am upset on myself to answer on yr post. Well, you do whatever you think right. I don't need to tell you where I'm getting these infomation, instead, just for your kind information- I have studied immigration laws and have a license to practice now. So, I don't need to learn anything from you. I was just helping you by giving the right and best information what I knew [not what you knew].

Additionally, if you read very carefully the form I-485 [(rev. 02/07/00)N] page 1, wherein it's clearly mentioned the requirement of medical exam under section 232 of the INS Act, as well it is stated there [page #2] that-" If you are filing your adjustment of status application with the local INS office, DO NOT SUBMIT a medical report with your adjustment of status application. Wait for further instructions from INS about how and where to take the medical exam and the submit the medical exam report". It's also very important for you to know that each office has its own procedural rule to process an application. I believe you did not read the application carefully, otherwise you won't be stating that you already received a pink letter from them asking you to submit medical exam report, because this interim rule does state on form I-485 that " you should wait for further intstruction from INS about how, where and when to take medical exam", and it's okay if your local office have asked you now, but you don't need to submit at the time of filing application.

Do what you think, I'm not gonna get bothered to answer you anymore, especially when you have proven your true character very well. Because, even if it seems that I was wrong [ which I am 100% sure that I am not], I still don't deserve those type of attitude especially when my intention was only to help you rather than playing games with you.

Comment

WHOA!!!! NOW LISTEN UP...YOU FOR ONE CAME ONE THIS POST WITH A SMARMY ATTITUDE SAYING " LOOK UP INFO RATHER THAN ASK PPL TO DO YOUR JOB FOR YOU" WELL I DIDNT THINK THAT WAS SO WRONG, OTHERWISE PPL LIKE JOSEPHINE SCHMO, GUEST & ME2 WOULDNT HAVE REPLIED TO MY POST! & IM TRULY GRATEFUL FOR THEIR TIME AND ADVICE, JUST WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?? NO WONDER YOU ARE SO HATED ON THIS FORUM COS U THINK U KNOW IT ALL..PUT PPL DOWN, GIVE THEM WRONG INFO!! WELL I HAVE NEWS FOR YOU MR, I DONT CARE WHAT YOU THINK,IM NOT AT ALL A BAD PERSON, SO PLEASE DONT JUDGE ME BY ONE OF MY POSTS. WHY ARE U GIVING ME SUCH A HARD TIME, WHAT HAVE I DONE TO YOU?? NOTHING!! I JUST ASKING FOR SOME ADVICE, I KNOW MOST OF THESE PPL ON THIS FORUM HAVE APPLIED FOR THEIR STATUS AND I DIDNT THINK IT WAS SO FREAKING WRONG TO ASK THEM HOW THEY GONE ABOUT IT?? THATS ALL..END OF STORY!
        AND I DONT NEED YOUR ADVICE EITHER, SO GO AND PLAY SOMEWHERE ELSE!!

LIKE I REALLY NEED THIS BULL****..IM STRESSED AS IT IS!! GRRRRRRRRR!!!!

Comment

SaMmY U **** DuDe

Comment

Sammy- I went to BCIS office in NYC prior to filing my AOS to make to be sure I had all the correct forms etc. I was told then that I had to have a medical before I could file and send it with the AOS. $477 (medical) down the drain!

Comment

As you know that each office has its own interim rule, but if you read the instruction on form I-485, then you will find what I have said earlier is true. But, one fact is sure that if you get your interview date after one and half year later, then your medical exam report won't be good anymore, and INS would ask you again to have it, no matter what, even though you were told to submit it now. It's same like fingerprinting, because INS would ask you to have fingerprinting again and again until a decision is made on your case because fingerprinting is also good only for a yr. As you know that AOS cases are being disposed very fast these days compared to 3-4 yrs ago, because INS have hired lots of officer to clear up the back logged cases and they are very quickly clearing up the cases. That's why, they have asked for medical report from you because they knew that you will be interviewed within 1 1/2 yr of time periord on yr application.

Why you are talking about $477 for medical exam, while you can do this only for $100-$150 in NY. Check with this doctor- Louis Gessai Vital, M.D.- Telephone # [718]693-4900/4901, and tell him that you were referred by Anna Korvac, a hungarian woman [a friend of mine] in order to get discount. Good Luck.

Comment

I am well aware that the medical is only valid for a year, and that I will need another later.
                You said "As you know that AOS cases are being disposed very fast these days compared to 3-4 yrs ago, because INS have hired lots of officer to clear up the back logged cases and they are very quickly clearing up the cases"
                NYC is now taking about 2 1/2 years for interviews, so it's hardly going very fast these days is it? I used the BCIS assigned doctor in my area as directed, I do not live in NYC. I only had a choice of two, the other Dr. never answered the phone so I could not get a price from him. Do you think I am lying about the price? My medical did cost $477, including vaccinations and later a bill for $113 for the lab tests, that is what I am talking about.

Comment

Sammy's right about the local office procedure for medical exams.

Sammy, you're a doll, but putting AOS together is hell for a first timer.

I have called INS numerous times with questions and got three different answers from three different officers.

It's especially frustrating when everyone tells you if it's not perfect, you'll get denied.

In my case, I was under the gun because of Special Registration.

Comment

PersianKitten - where are you filing your AOS, which office ? Hopefully you are one of the lucky ones like Josephine Schmo (Boston) who had their interview within a few months of filing AOS.

Comment

Hi Guest and Josephine..

Im filing the paperwork at Mesquite Service Center, which require medical examination with AOS. I verified everything on the phone with the INS, so infact i was correct and Sammy was wrong.

I think i deserve an apology!

Comment

I stand corrected. depends on the local office then. i had no concern for other locals besides boston. Always check your local office procedure when doing the whole adjustment package. I believe if you are only doing I-130, it goes to Service Center.

talked to someone today also doing AOS package in boston. they've been married 3 years, still no GC. She (USC wife) told me they had a lawyer do the filing as it was too complicated for her.

Comment

re: our medical exam

hubby had his done around the time we filed. both lawyers advised that we could do it at a later date, but before the interview.

at the interview, officer never asked for it, she was in such a hurry. I asked her if she wanted it and she said, "oh, yeah" and took it.

Comment

Sorry Josephine what i meant to say was i think i deserve an apology from Sammy, he was trying to get smart with me but that obviously backfired!
                            Well i thought about hiring a lawyer, but some of our friends have been through the whole rigmorale without a lawyer, and told us that its not that difficult, just alot of form filling, which i thought thats not too bad i guess lol now i wish i should have paid 2500 bucks to the lawyer and get it off my hands & let him deal with this bull**** lol

Comment

Oh bad luck Persian, I think Texas is almost as slow as NYC ?
                              But of course I wish you all the very best.

Sammy- What is the point of this board if not to ask for advice? Josephine and I happened to be filling in the AOS at the same time and I can't tell you what a relief it was to know I wasn't the only person who was as frustrated and confused by the aperwork. It is true that nobody should presume that the advice & answers they receive here (or from BCIS for that matter)! are 100% correct, but being critical of people's actions doesn't help. Perhaps you should apply for a job with BCIS with your vast knowledge of Immigration procedures & laws then at least one person at BCIS will have all the correct answers.

Comment

Hi Guest,
                                I have heard about Tx Service Center is slow, but hey thats fine..im prepared for the very long wait lol

GuestW says..
                                Sammy- What is the point of this board if not to ask for advice? Josephine and I happened to be filling in the AOS at the same time and I can't tell you what a relief it was to know I wasn't the only person who was as frustrated and confused by the aperwork. It is true that nobody should presume that the advice & answers they receive here (or from BCIS for that matter)! are 100% correct, but being critical of people's actions doesn't help. Perhaps you should apply for a job with BCIS with your vast knowledge of Immigration procedures & laws then at least one person at BCIS will have all the correct answers.

Amen to that GuestW. But i dont think Sammy will be returning to this thread, as i have really pissed him off with my so called "attitude" "showing my true character" and "playing games" which infact i was just asking for advice like everyone else on this forum.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation