My first interview

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my travels, Newark never impressed me much either - lol!!! I guess every state has a few eyesores.

Comment

The Consulate in Auckland New Zealand was pretty. It's the third and fourth floor of a historic old building right in downtown.

I haven't seen the one here in Vegas. Will be locating it soon though no doubt. Young Einstein (aka the youngest son) has lost his green card.

Leopoldo, my husband grew up in San Diego (Ramona to be exact) and that's where we spent most of our honeymoon many moons ago. We were back there a few weeks ago. I love the Gas Lamp district but Old Town is my favorite! Wandering around, I had to ask why the **** we live in Vegas when we could've gone to SD!
      The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

It's defnitely Ramona, not Romana It's out by the Wild Animal Park.

Unfortunately, with the market the way it is, we probably wouldn't be able to sell our house for as much as we owe. We got in here when the market was taking the dive, not when it completely sunk. Given how much the houses around us have been going for, we're about 20-30k under. We have done some things to up the value (ceiling fans in every room, landscaping etc), but it'll probably be a while before we can cash in on that.
        The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

Comment

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Aroha:
          It's defnitely Ramona, not Romana It's out by the Wild Animal Park.

Unfortunately, with the market the way it is, we probably wouldn't be able to sell our house for as much as we owe. We got in here when the market was taking the dive, not when it completely sunk. Given how much the houses around us have been going for, we're about 20-30k under. We have done some things to up the value (ceiling fans in every room, landscaping etc), but it'll probably be a while before we can cash in on that. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Regarding your situation with the house, Aroha, so many people are in the same situation. My brother-in-law who lives here in Virginia bought his house around four years ago and now owes more than it's worth. He's talking about adding an addition to bring the value up. Not sure it will increase it to the size of the loan balance, but anything helps. Hope everything picks up again real soon. The bad economy is getting old!!!!

Comment

We got it a lot cheaper than we would've if the market was better - like I said, it was while it was diving. Lets just say it sold new 2 years prior for about double what we paid and the bank lost a chunk of money as a result. If we'd waited a few months, the same style place would've been cheaper, but we were running out of time and well, who knew? Places were still selling pretty quickly then and we'd lost out on a few already.

I certainly wouldn't go so far as to put an addition on or anything, especially not if it meant taking out a loan - it just doesn't make sense to me to put yourself further in debt on the off chance it *might* improve the property value. Everything we did was needed, and we had the disposable income to do it at the time, so it wasn't so bad.

Things must be starting to pick up though. All 5 of the houses directly around us (one on each side and the three in the back) were empty and on the market 6 months ago. All of them now have people in them, 3 having moved in in just the last month.

Comment

In my brother-in-law's case, it won't hurt to put a second story addition on. He only has about 900 square feet of living space on the first floor and a basement which isn't finished off. It can only add value and he is going to do most of the work himself, so hopefully it will be a cost-effective way to improve his house value.

Glad things are looking up out west! There are signs that things may be picking up here too. Less 'for sale' signs and the empty houses are filling up.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation