Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To Sammy, Mohan or any knowledgable person in this forum

I HAD MY CITIZENSHIP 11 MONTHS AGO IN NYC INS OFFICE AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM INS YET.I MARRIED A USC BUT WE NOW DIVORCE WITH NO CHILDREN .IT WAS THE 5 YRS GREENCARD. THERE WAS A PROBLEM DURING THE FILLING AND THE INTERVIEW.
    I WAS ARRESTED FOR DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE.I WAS FINGERPRINTED BY THE POLICE.I WENT TO COURT AND PAY THE FINE.DURING THE TIME OF FILLING, I DID NOT STATE ON THE N-400 FORM THAT I HAVE COMMIT A CRIME BECUASE A FRIEND TOLD DRIVING OFFENCE IS NOT A CRIME.
    DURING THE INTERVIEW THE EXAMINER ASKED ME IF I HAVE COMMIT ANY CRIME OR INVOLVED WITH POLICE AND I TOLD HIM NO.THAT WAS A STUPID THING I DID.I SHOULD HAVE SAID YES, MY FRIEND TOLD.AFTER THE INTERVIEW, THE EXAMINER TOLD ME' CONGRATULATION FOR BECOMING A US CITIZEN BUT WE WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION AND YOU WILL HEAR FROM US THREE MONTHS.AFTER THREE MONTHS I WENT TO INS TO INQUIRE AND I WAS TOLD MY APPLICATION IS STILL BEING REVIEW.FIVE MONTHS LATER, I CONSULTED MY CONGRESSMAN TO PETITION ON MY BEHALF.THE SECRETARY MADE A PHONE CALL TO INS AND SHE WAS TOLD MY CASE IS PENDING.TWO MONTHS AGO SHE CALLED TO TELL ME THAT INS WILL WRITE ME FOR FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT BECAUSE MY FINGERPRINT WILL EXPIRE APIL 15.I DID NOT HEAR FROM THEM.YESTERDAY I HAD A PHONE CALL FROM THE CONGRESSMAN'S SECRETARY THAT INS HAS TOLD HER THEY ARE WAITING FOR MY FINGERPRINT REPORT FROM FBI.WHAT WILL BE WORSE CASE?WILL INS DENIED MY APPLICATION BECAUSE I DID NOT TELL THE TRUTH?CAN A DEPORTATION ORDER BE ISSUE AGAINST ME?I AM A BIT WORRIED ABOUT THE CONFUSING THE FINGERPRINT AND NOT STATING IT ON THE FORM OR TOLD THE EXAMINER.HOW DOES IT TAKE FOR FBI TO SEND FINGERPRINT REPORT BACK TO INS?
    YOUR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

I HAD MY CITIZENSHIP 11 MONTHS AGO IN NYC INS OFFICE AND STILL HAVE NOT HEARD FROM INS YET.I MARRIED A USC BUT WE NOW DIVORCE WITH NO CHILDREN .IT WAS THE 5 YRS GREENCARD. THERE WAS A PROBLEM DURING THE FILLING AND THE INTERVIEW.
    I WAS ARRESTED FOR DRIVING WITH A SUSPENDED LICENSE.I WAS FINGERPRINTED BY THE POLICE.I WENT TO COURT AND PAY THE FINE.DURING THE TIME OF FILLING, I DID NOT STATE ON THE N-400 FORM THAT I HAVE COMMIT A CRIME BECUASE A FRIEND TOLD DRIVING OFFENCE IS NOT A CRIME.
    DURING THE INTERVIEW THE EXAMINER ASKED ME IF I HAVE COMMIT ANY CRIME OR INVOLVED WITH POLICE AND I TOLD HIM NO.THAT WAS A STUPID THING I DID.I SHOULD HAVE SAID YES, MY FRIEND TOLD.AFTER THE INTERVIEW, THE EXAMINER TOLD ME' CONGRATULATION FOR BECOMING A US CITIZEN BUT WE WILL REVIEW YOUR APPLICATION AND YOU WILL HEAR FROM US THREE MONTHS.AFTER THREE MONTHS I WENT TO INS TO INQUIRE AND I WAS TOLD MY APPLICATION IS STILL BEING REVIEW.FIVE MONTHS LATER, I CONSULTED MY CONGRESSMAN TO PETITION ON MY BEHALF.THE SECRETARY MADE A PHONE CALL TO INS AND SHE WAS TOLD MY CASE IS PENDING.TWO MONTHS AGO SHE CALLED TO TELL ME THAT INS WILL WRITE ME FOR FINGERPRINT APPOINTMENT BECAUSE MY FINGERPRINT WILL EXPIRE APIL 15.I DID NOT HEAR FROM THEM.YESTERDAY I HAD A PHONE CALL FROM THE CONGRESSMAN'S SECRETARY THAT INS HAS TOLD HER THEY ARE WAITING FOR MY FINGERPRINT REPORT FROM FBI.WHAT WILL BE WORSE CASE?WILL INS DENIED MY APPLICATION BECAUSE I DID NOT TELL THE TRUTH?CAN A DEPORTATION ORDER BE ISSUE AGAINST ME?I AM A BIT WORRIED ABOUT THE CONFUSING THE FINGERPRINT AND NOT STATING IT ON THE FORM OR TOLD THE EXAMINER.HOW DOES IT TAKE FOR FBI TO SEND FINGERPRINT REPORT BACK TO INS?
    YOUR ADVICE WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Comment

You are still GC holder, you cannot be citizen unless you get oath cermoney. in your case, the best thing is to get FOIA record, it will take more then 3 mo, but you will know if there are any record. if it exists then your citizenship will be denied and NTA will be issued.

Comment

TO: JOE

You have relly made a biggest mistak and i think you are aware of that. That's what happened when someone listen to their friend or even their criminal attorneys because they are not immigration attorney and do not know anything about immigration laws.

Yes, it is true that traffic violation is not a crime considered a problem under immigration law, but having driving on suspended license, you committed a crime wherein for God sake you were arrested also, and top of that and more worse that you did not disclose it on yr application even if there was a question asking you that 'if ever you were arrested or not for any reason whatsoever'.

How could be you that much naive in thinking at that time that INS would not find out about it, specifically when you were fingerprinted. Now, even if you have paid fine for yr crime and out of the hook, but just alone that you lied to INS, you gave them very strong reason(excuse) to deny yr application for naturalization and they will deport you right away once it is denied since right now they are still reviwing it. You will receive the decision in the mail. Your u.s.citizen wife (ex or whoever) or congressman can not protect you from deportation since nobody is above the law and law in this regard is very clear that if you ever lied to the INS, then this reason is alone enough for them to deny your application, as well there is no any appeal on this reason.

Let me tell you a case where i was involved while i was doing my internship while studying in immigration law. A German woman, 31yrs old who was living in this country since she was one yr old, married with a u.s.citizen and have 2 kids. In the past, one day when she got back home from work, she found her husband having a sex with another woman. She, being a woman and a wife to him got angry and slapped as well as pulled the hairs of another woman, police was called in and she was charged alongwith fingerprinting. She went to court and court just put her on probation only for a 3 months because she never had any criminal histories before.Even though she did not lie on her application about it, INS had denied her application because of her being arrested in the past and had started the deportation procedure since under the immigration if someone's application is denied because of criminal reason whether in the past or present, then that person is considered to be deportable immediately from the united states. This is the serious consequence of applying for a naturalization and everyone should think about it ahead of time before applying for a naturalization. Mostly people think that if ever their application for naturalization is denied for criminal reason, then it would not be any problem because they have u.s.citizen spouse or that they still have their green card, but it is not true because they will be deported and forget about the GC since having a green card means nothing because govt. can take it away (revoke) anytime if they would like to. That woman asked the clemency from the President of United States of America (at that time, Prsident Clinton) and she was granted clemency. Otherwise, she has no place to go since she was an orphan after coming america and her parent were died here. she never been in Germany before.

Moreover, you should also know that until you take oath for naturalization, you are not a naturalize citizen even if yr application is approved or INS officer said to you "congratulation, you are citizen now". That's why INS always tries to have you oath ceremony within days, as well before the oath ceremony you will be asked again that 'did you commit any crime after approving yr application until now'. I am also aware of a case where a woman's application is approved after the completion of her interview. She was so excited and happy to be a u.s.citizen and decided to take her friends for treat. They had couples of drinks and on their way to home, she was pulled over by a cop and she was arrested for drunk driving. Next day of her arrest, INS started the procedure to deport her and eventually deported her even though she had been living in this country for 31 yrs on p.residency and her husband and children were U.S.citizen.

I don't mean to disappoint you at all, but the only reason i disclosed those cases to you so that you have better understanding of yr situation based on laws and facts. But, keep in mind that sometimes INS makes "discretionary decision" also, hence there is still a glimp of hope for you. I am sorry that i could not be more helpful to you. I wish you nothing else than a good luck and be remember you are included in my prayer.

Comment

Sammy how could you be so dense and not understand that DUI is not a deportable crime?

Comment

I wouldn't say Sammy is that naive when saying DUI is a deportable crime

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...1&r=5426010651

http://discuss.ilw.com/eve/forums?a=...781#3586050781

Comment

TO: AND YOU CLAIM TO BE AN EXPERT!

First, as far i remember, i never claimed to be an expert nor i am on this board to claim some kind of "throne", "rank # 1", or trying to override "expert" like you. I have given my advise based on the laws and facts, as well my experience during my internship. If you disagree( does not like it) then you are free to give your, because this board is open to everyone to express their own views.I believe you can provide better advises than i do. But, you know what, i believe that i have been raised in better ways than you since i have noticed earlier that you have criticized some of my posts or made other kinds of negative comments, since i do not criticize anyone for their own opinions. If i disagee with others' opinions, then i would just give mine rather than criticizing others for their opinions, and then leave it for others to ignore or adapt.

Neither i ever judged someone's nationality based on how they write or view the life, as you said in other post that i do not sound or write as an 'american', then i believe you can tell all of us how american look like or sound like. Neither, i ever claimed to be a perfect person, since you have judged my perfectness on other post based on how i write. Can you tell me that whether american or attorneys are always perfect? Do they never make mistake?

For your kind information, i do not need to learn the immigration laws from you nor i need to discuss with you this kind of conversion.Just reading few books or posts or information thru websites or based on yr own experiences in yr own case, you think you know better, right and enough to criticize someone, then i am sorry to say that you are damn wrong about it.

As far as the situation in above mentioned case is concerned, i strongly believe that you should know that our immigration laws work with the states laws whether it comes to marriage license or certificate or criminal laws of that particular state. You should also know that DMV crimes can also be punishable upto 10yrs in jail for continunig violations, and you are trying to advice me that DMV crimes are not a deportable. Oh yes, now i have to be a student of yours!

This particular case is about a naturalization instead of p.residency (wherein you are confused of) because at the time of p.residency you can overcome this situation thru a waiver if there was a jail term of such kind of things happened because of traffic violations, but not at the time of naturalization because INS will deny the application under MORAL CHARACTER which is a prime requirement for a naturalization, so do not get confused about the types of the application. You must also know that if you serve a jail time for a crime wherein the punshiment is one yr or more even if because of DMV related crimes, you would be considered deportatble from United States because crime is crime whether DMV or others. I also strongly believe that you did not read my above post attentively wherein i said that just lying to the INS gives the right to the INS to deny a application specifically when this person was fingerprinted and under the immigraion laws it is a "concealment of material facts for immigration purpose". I have already given the right further advise to this person thru other ways as well his possible options which don't think necessary to discuss with you. If you know something better than post it here rather than criticizing, otherwise keep you lousy mouth shut up. You have no right to play with somebody's life if you do not know the right answer since these needy people are relied upon the right advises.

So far, i have given nothing else than my times, energy , my health(since staying on computer chair for long time, body does hurt), my heart and soul to this Board to help others to the best of my abilities and without any motives(throne, rank#1, expert or money, whatever you wanna call it). But, i have a good news for you barry, now you can go ahead and post yr own opinion since i would not be answering over this Board that much or often because of people like you. Thereby, i will not be a threat to your position anymore. I hope you will help these people in a best way without any motives.

At last, I still believe that i have been raised better than you at least, since i do not judge people based on their views, writings or ethnicity. I was brought up in a atmosphere where everyone respect eachothers regardless how they look or present their views or etc. I can care less to yr further replies since i am not obligated to answer you, as well i believe i am more matured person than you are.

Comment

Sammy, never forget your help and that of others is always appreciated by those who need it.

Comment

Sammy, some people choose the hard/bad life and others choose the good. You have chosen the good and that is what matters.

You have been blessed with such a wonderful gift in which others do not have or have not yet learned to use for the better. You are a very unigue individual that has so much to offer. Not too many people are blessed with such a gift as you.

You have shared this gift with so many others on this board and I know each and every one of them are very greatful and very appreciative to have you here. I know for sure that I am.

Sammy, thank you! Thank you for your time, your wisdom, and your sincerity in which you have given to this board. Know where your heart is and NEVER let anyone ever take that away from you.

This board truly has been blessed!

Stay Gold My Friend and May God Keep You In His Protection.

God Bless You, Sammy!

One Heart

Comment

I do believe that is grateful, not greatful. I thought I better correct myself before they started on me too for my errors, lol!

Take Care Everyone!

Peace and Love!

Comment

One Heart -- you too have a golden heart! May God Be With You Too!

Comment

To "God Bless One Heart,"

I really would like to thank you so much for the beautiful blessings. It really is so refreshing to see these words from others.

Your kind thoughts are so much appreciated.

May God Always Keep You and Your Loved Ones In His Care!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation