Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Illegal.. Want to return home

I'm out of status for last 5 years and would like to return back to India. I have few questions.

1) Since I don't have vaild USA visa, most of the european countries require that I must have a transit visa in order to change planes even though I won't be leaving the airport. But the problem is that since I'm out of status none of these european consulates will issue me transit visa. Does anyone know of a country which doesn't require a transit visa?

2) Will there be problem at the airport when I leave USA? I'll have to leave from JFK (NewYork) and I was told that there are immigration checks at the Airport while leaving. Is that correct?

3) How long will I be barred from reentering USA?

Please give me any other advice or tip that you might think will help me get to INDIA asap.

Thanks for the help in advance.

I'm out of status for last 5 years and would like to return back to India. I have few questions.

1) Since I don't have vaild USA visa, most of the european countries require that I must have a transit visa in order to change planes even though I won't be leaving the airport. But the problem is that since I'm out of status none of these european consulates will issue me transit visa. Does anyone know of a country which doesn't require a transit visa?

2) Will there be problem at the airport when I leave USA? I'll have to leave from JFK (NewYork) and I was told that there are immigration checks at the Airport while leaving. Is that correct?

3) How long will I be barred from reentering USA?

Please give me any other advice or tip that you might think will help me get to INDIA asap.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comment

You will be barred for 10 years. Just hop on a flight and leave you do not need any visa for short hops.
      GOOD LUCK

Comment

LATIN PHRASES AND WORDS USED IN ENGLISH

(Definitions from Merriam-Webster's Collegiate Dictionary - Tenth Edition)

A fortiori - adj. and adv. [literally, from the stronger]For a stronger reason; all the more.
        A posteriori - adj. and adv. [literally, from the latter] inductive; relating to or derived by reasoning from observed facts.
        A priori - adj. and adv. [literally, from the former] deductive; relating to or derived by reasoning from self-evident propositions; presupposed by experience; being without examination or analysis; presumptive; formed or conceived beforehand.
        Ad hominem - adj. [literally, to the man] appealing to feelings or prejudices rather than intellect; marked by an attack on an opponent's character rather than by an answer to the contentions made.
        Ad infinitum - adv. or adj. [literally, to the infinite] without end or limit.
        Ad nauseam - adv. [literally, to sea-sickness] to a sickening or excessive degree.
        Camera obscura - n. [literally, dark chamber] a darkened enclosure having an aperture usu. provided with a lens through which light from external objects enters to form an image of the objects on the opposite surface.
        Carpe diem - n. [literally, pluck the day] the enjoyment of the pleasures of the moment without concern for the future.
        Casus belli - n., sing. and pl. [literally, occasion of war] an event or action that justifies or allegedly justifies a war or conflict.
        Caveat - n. [literally, let him beware] a warning enjoining one from certain acts or practices; an explanation to prevent misinterpretation; a legal warning to a judicial officer to suspend a proceeding until the opposition has a hearing.
        De facto - adv. [literally, from the fact] in reality; actually.
        De jure - adv. [literally, concerning the law] by right; of right.
        Dictum - n., pl. dicta, also dictums [literally, a thing said] a noteworthy statement: as a: a formal pronouncement of a principle, proposition, or opinion b: an observation intended or regarded as authoritative; a judicial opinion on a point other than the precise issue involved in determining a case.
        Et alii - [literally, and others] and others; abbreviated as et al.
        Et cetera [literally, and the rest] and others esp. of the same kind: and so forth; abbreviated as etc.
        Ex parte - adv. or adj. [literally, from part] on or from one side or party only--used of legal proceedings; from a one-sided or partisan point of view.
        Floruit - n. [literally, he flourished] a period of flourishing (as of a person or movement).
        Habitat - n. [literally, it inhabits] the place or environment where a plant or animal naturally or normally lives and grows; the typical place of residence of a person or a group; a housing for a controlled physical environment in which people can live under surrounding inhospitable conditions (as under the sea; the place where something is commonly found.
        In camera - adv. [literally, in a chamber] in private: secretly.
        In loco parentis - adv. [literally, in place of a parent] in the place of a parent. n. regulation or supervision by an administrative body (as at a university) acting in loco parentis.
        In medias res - adv. [literally, into the midst of things] in or into the middle of a narrative or plot.
        Ipse dixit - n. [literally, he himself said it] an assertion made but not proved.
        Ipso facto - adv. [literally, by the fact itself] by that very fact or act; as an inevitable result.
        Lingua franca - n., pl lingua francas or linguae francae [literally, Frankish language] a common language consisting of Italian mixed with French, Spanish, Greek, and Arabic that was formerly spoken in Mediterranean ports; any of various languages used as common or commercial tongues among peoples of diverse speech; something resembling a common language.
        Magna cum laude - adv or adj [literally, with great praise] with great distinction .
        Magnum opus - n. [literally, a great work] a great work, esp: the greatest achievement of an artist or writer.
        Memento - n., pl -tos or -toes [literally, remember!, imperative of meminisse, to remember] something that serves to warn or remind.
        Memento mori - n. [literally, remember that you must die] a reminder of mortality; esp: death's-head.
        Mirabile visu - [literally, wonderful to see] wonderful to behold.
        Mirabile dictu [literally, wonderful to say] wonderful to relate.
        Ne plus ultra - n. [literally, (go) no more beyond] the highest point capable of being attained: acme; the most profound degree of a quality or state.
        Noli me tangere - n. [literally, do not touch me; fr. Jesus' words to Mary Magdalene (Jn 20:17)] a warning against touching or interference.
        Nolo contendere - n. [literally, I do not wish to contend] a plea in a criminal prosecution that without admitting guilt subjects the defendant to conviction but does not preclude denying the truth of the charges in a collateral proceeding.
        Non sequitur - n. [literally, it does not follow] an inference that does not follow from the premises; specif: a fallacy resulting from a simple conversion of a universal affirmative proposition or from the transposition of a condition and its consequent; a statement (as a response) that does not follow logically from anything previously said.
        Nota bene - [literally, mark well] used to call attention to something important.
        Pax - n. esp, cap: a period of general stability in international affairs under the influence of a dominant military power--usu. used in combination with a latinized name (Pax Americana, Pax Brittanica, Pax Romana).
        Per capita - adv. or adj. [literally, by heads] equally to each individual; per unit of population: by or for each person per capita of any state in the union.
        Per diem - adv. [literally, by the day] by the day; for each day; adj. based on use or service by the day: daily; paid by the day; n. pl per diems a daily allowance; a daily fee.
        Persona grata - adj. [literally, a pleasing person] personally acceptable or welcome.
        Persona non grata - adj. [literally, a not-pleasing person] personally unacceptable or unwelcome.
        Post mortem - [literally, after death] adj. occuring or done after death; pertaining to a post-mortem examination; n. a post-mortem examination, esp. an autopsy.
        Post partum - [literally, after birth] adj. of or occuring in the period shortly after childbirth.
        Prima facie - adv. [literally, at first appearance] at first view: on the first appearance; adj. true, valid, or sufficient at first impression: apparent ; self-evident; legally sufficient to establish a fact or a case unless disproved .
        Pro forma -adj [literally, for form] made or carried out in a perfunctory manner or as a formality; provided in advance to prescribe form or describe items .
        Quod erat demonstrandum - [literally, which had to be shown] which was to be proved.
        Rara avis - n. pl. rara avises or rarae aves [literally, rare bird] rarity.
        Res ipsa loquitur - [literally, the affair itself speaks] the affair speaks for itself.
        RIP - [acronym of requiescat in pace] abbreviation, may he rest in peace, may she rest in peace; requiescant in pace = may they rest in peace.
        Sine die - adv. [literally, without a day] without any future date being designated (as for resumption): indefinitely .
        Sine qua non - n., pl. sine qua nons; also sine quibus non [literally, without which not] something absolutely indispensable or essential.
        Sui generis - adj. [literally, of its own kind] constituting a class alone: unique, peculiar.
        Summa cum laude - adv. or adj. [literally, with highest praise] with highest distinction --compare cum laude, magna cum laude.
        Tabula rasa - n., pl. tabulae rasae [literally, smoothed or erased tablet] the mind in its hypothetical primary blank or empty state before receiving outside impressions; something existing in its original pristine state.

--------------------------------------------------

Previous.

Comment

You will be subject to INS inspection at JFK due to the new Exit registration system implemented recently. At that time, they'd find out you've overstayed and a record is sure to be entered. You'll be barred for 10 years before you can even apply for a visa.

Comment

if Europe is a problem then try the Transpacific route through asia. Try going from JFK to hongkong then hongkong or any other asian countries. I'm not sure about INS at exit. I usually use LAX and all what was needed was to check it with the airline and then straight to the boarding gate.

Comment

I heard things have changed since January as INS now tracks everyone entering and LEAVING the country. You may want to go to JFK and check it out.

Comment

I too want to return home. But if they arrest illegal aliens ( even at the airport because of the newly-implemented Exit Registration system), then how can I go home? In other words, I am not going to the airport just to be arrested and jailed. If I will go to the airport it is because I am sick and tired of being illegal and the prospect of being treated like a criminal, so I would prefer to go back home. So what is my solution?

Comment

i dont think they arrest illegal aliens at the airport .
                  I am overstayed my tourist visa and returning home/europe next month.

If they keep me at airport and i loose my flight then they will have to buy me new ticket!

Comment

How hard is it to understand...You broke the immigration law by overstaying. I can relate to your scenario but you need to realize that you can be arrested and jailed anywhere you are in soil of the U.S., You are basically not authorized to be here any longer therefore you are an illegal alien. Whethere its the airport or not, you will be arrested once you are found to be illegal.

Comment

so, if we leave we will be arrested, if we stay we will be arrested.
                      What is third option?

Comment

There will be no problem at the Airport when you will be leaving. They donot arrest people, who are leaving for good. You might be barred for 10 years to reenter the United States. You can start Suspension of Deportation proceedings before the Immigration Judge and in front of the Judge you can ask for permission for Voluntary Deportation and within the time allowed by the Judge, you can leave the country. Thereafter you can reapply for Visa from your country.
                        Good luck.

Comment

HAHAHA! Do these immigrants hate America!

Comment

As one of your fellas says,

"It was wonderful to find America, but is more wonderful to miss it."

Comment

1. If a illegal ( over stayed visa ) apply for Suspension of Deportation before an Immigration Judge and ask for Voluntary Deportation, what documents do they need to file? After the permission is granted, will that person be jailed till he/she actually departs USA? Could someone please explain how it works.

2. What if someone do not have a I-94, illegal ( over stayed visa) leaves USA for good ?

Thanks.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed