Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOu never lost your citizen if you are natural born, is that true?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YOu never lost your citizen if you are natural born, is that true?

Hi I am just curious.
    I heard that whether you are natural born or naturalized USC, you US citizenship never ever
    be taken away like green card.

Is that true?
    A friend of mine from America is thining of naturalizing another country which does not
    allow dual citizenship and requires absolute allegience to that couytry.

Does he keeo his US citizenship?,
    what happen if he become a local town governor
    or even amayor in a city of that country?

Hi I am just curious.
    I heard that whether you are natural born or naturalized USC, you US citizenship never ever
    be taken away like green card.

Is that true?
    A friend of mine from America is thining of naturalizing another country which does not
    allow dual citizenship and requires absolute allegience to that couytry.

Does he keeo his US citizenship?,
    what happen if he become a local town governor
    or even amayor in a city of that country?

Comment

you heard wrong and right:
      if you're a natural born citizen your citizenship can technically never be stipped away from you
      there were a lot of bills introduced (amendments) that were trying to do that for example to strip away the citizenship of natural born citizens to ilegal and legal alien parents (meaning they gained U.S. citizenship just by virtue of being born on U.S. soil, because the parents were just giving birth here to gain the right to remain here, that's why yo've got the laws now that don't allow a minor U.S. citizen to sponsor his and her parents), but the bill of rights superseeded these so far. which means that a future amentment could change this part...
      There are a few other laws that can strip a natural born when the person has never really lived or had any allegiance to the U.S. up to a certain age (28 it was, I think...but I'm very uncertain about this and it might be repealed already to be unconstitional which it is!

Anyways, a naturalized citizen in contrast; if INS can proof that the citizenship was obtained fraudelently, such as the pre-requisites, permanent residencey etc. then in legal terms the whole process can be nullyfied or a retropesvective process can be inititiated to de=naturalize such a citizen. A major group of such individuals were and are for instance former nazis, tortureres, or murderers who lied or deceived ins about their past, or people who provenly have gained LPR status via marriage fraud etc.. Other examples are where IRS and Bcis could prove that the person got U.S. citizenship and left the country to never b seen again and never paid taxes here again etc.
      so in conclusion, the simple answer is in general it is rather unlikely and unusual and difficult to denaturalize a natural born citizen (but it was more common in the past, especially with some minorities such as Blacks and Asians when they left the U.S. for long periods ).
      A naturlized citizen can b denaturalized. It is again not as easy as it used to be (Ins used to have the power to just revoke citizenship now a federal court judge must make that decision "beyond reasonable doubt") but it is happening I think its like a few dozen people each year

Comment

We do have this law, which is not included in the INA, If you can get the Foreign Affars Manual you can see this.
        in INA sec 356 loss of nationality.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed