Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-94 Expired??

My husband is on H1b and i am on H4 status.Our visa's and I-94 expired on Feb28,2003. Recently, we found out that my husband's company appplied for his H1-B extension(In jan2003), but did not apply for my H4 extension.We unfortunately came to know of this very late and filed for my extension with I-539 with the help of our attorney on May 3,2003 with the delay of 2 months after the i-94 expiry.I know that it may take 3-4 months to get the approval or denial, so i have decided to leave the country and reneter with the new H4 visa(considering the fact that your overstay should not exceed beyond 180 days or you will be barred for 3years to reneter US). My question is

1.what are the chances of me getting a New H4 visa, since i have overstayed?
    2. Will i be stamped for deportation at the airport?
    3. What are the documents i have to carry to show to the officer at the airport showing him the reason for my overstay?
    4. When applying for a new H4 visa, what extra documents will i have need to present them at the US consulate in my country??

My husband is on H1b and i am on H4 status.Our visa's and I-94 expired on Feb28,2003. Recently, we found out that my husband's company appplied for his H1-B extension(In jan2003), but did not apply for my H4 extension.We unfortunately came to know of this very late and filed for my extension with I-539 with the help of our attorney on May 3,2003 with the delay of 2 months after the i-94 expiry.I know that it may take 3-4 months to get the approval or denial, so i have decided to leave the country and reneter with the new H4 visa(considering the fact that your overstay should not exceed beyond 180 days or you will be barred for 3years to reneter US). My question is

1.what are the chances of me getting a New H4 visa, since i have overstayed?
    2. Will i be stamped for deportation at the airport?
    3. What are the documents i have to carry to show to the officer at the airport showing him the reason for my overstay?
    4. When applying for a new H4 visa, what extra documents will i have need to present them at the US consulate in my country??

Comment

thanks in advance!

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs