Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asylum after the September 11th ?

I came to the USA as a visitor visa, it was so very hard to me to get in the US the Second time in this year. They stop me in the port, the INS had an interview with me, then the FBI, and they took my fingerprint. Later they gave me to enter as a visitor visa for six months.

Today, I am here in the US traveling from State to others, I have more one month to stay here as visitor visa. The situation in my country became worse as it was before. I am afraid to go back to my country, so I am planning to apply for asylum.

I am going to fill the form 1-589. So my questions are:

1- How much you charge for all this case?

2- I don't have permanent address, because I am visiting from place to place, but I can give mail address of a friend who lives here. My question here is: where I should apply this process? in the state of the mail address or the state that i like to apply for it?

3- I can prove more than one element of the six elements of asylum so; can I apply for more than one element? Should I prove it by documents and Articles? Should I attach it to the form?

4- should I have a new fingerprint and pay for it, although I done it, when I got in before five months?

5- Is there any affect or change for Asylum cases after the September 11th?

6- Can you send me a list of names, of famous attorney's in the US, (just only attorney's who deal with asylum cases, please!) and offers about there charge.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

I came to the USA as a visitor visa, it was so very hard to me to get in the US the Second time in this year. They stop me in the port, the INS had an interview with me, then the FBI, and they took my fingerprint. Later they gave me to enter as a visitor visa for six months.

Today, I am here in the US traveling from State to others, I have more one month to stay here as visitor visa. The situation in my country became worse as it was before. I am afraid to go back to my country, so I am planning to apply for asylum.

I am going to fill the form 1-589. So my questions are:

1- How much you charge for all this case?

2- I don't have permanent address, because I am visiting from place to place, but I can give mail address of a friend who lives here. My question here is: where I should apply this process? in the state of the mail address or the state that i like to apply for it?

3- I can prove more than one element of the six elements of asylum so; can I apply for more than one element? Should I prove it by documents and Articles? Should I attach it to the form?

4- should I have a new fingerprint and pay for it, although I done it, when I got in before five months?

5- Is there any affect or change for Asylum cases after the September 11th?

6- Can you send me a list of names, of famous attorney's in the US, (just only attorney's who deal with asylum cases, please!) and offers about there charge.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

Comment

It is almost impossible to get Asylum now a days unless you have a very solid ground which i do'nt see in your case.It is not like used to be Judge will consider you are applying for economic reasons

If Asylum denied you will never get visiting visa
      in future Better you go back atleast you can come back for visiting some time.

Comment

This very site has a directory of lawyers you can search by specialty within the field of immigration law: www.ilw.com - I just found 165 lawyers listed for asylum. You can further narrow the search to find someone in the state you are currently in and the language you feel comfortable speaking.

Also, this very site: www.ilw.com holds chats with attorneys thrice each week. It is free to attend, and you can ask your question to an attorney directly.

Comment

The first thing you must realize is that you must file for asylum within 1 year of your last entry into the U.S., otherwise you are barred from applying unless you can prove a change in country conditions. There hasn't been any change in asylum procedures since 9/11. You definitely have to a fixed address because INS has to have a means to contact you to send hearing notices etc. You have to find the service center that services your state, that is where you file your application. Also you didn't mention what country you are from. Yes you can apply under more than one ground as long as the information contained is truthful, and yes you should document your case with whatever documents you have to prove your case. As for fingerprints, that will be done once you are called in for your asylum interview. Hopefully this helps.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation