Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME...

My boyfriend lives in Canada...I live in Ohio...
    (united states)..We want to get married and live in my hometown...how the hell do i get him here..he has already came and stay with me a few times...we are ready to get married..how do i go about this...if we get married..do I have Canadian rights also?...If i go there and get married does that make me a Canadian citizen..and if so...does that give him American rights...
    He cant come here and work because he does not have a social security number....I AM SO CONFUSED...AND THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY....
    PLEASE HELP ME...
    ANYONE..
    THANK YOU,
    ANGELA RENEE MONTGOMERY

My boyfriend lives in Canada...I live in Ohio...
    (united states)..We want to get married and live in my hometown...how the hell do i get him here..he has already came and stay with me a few times...we are ready to get married..how do i go about this...if we get married..do I have Canadian rights also?...If i go there and get married does that make me a Canadian citizen..and if so...does that give him American rights...
    He cant come here and work because he does not have a social security number....I AM SO CONFUSED...AND THIS IS DRIVING ME CRAZY....
    PLEASE HELP ME...
    ANYONE..
    THANK YOU,
    ANGELA RENEE MONTGOMERY

Comment

now you understand how all of us immigrants feel...

I suggest the best thing is to hire a lawyer. Theres a lot of paperwork and laws that you will need to be aware of. If you have the money, save yourself some trouble and hire an immigration lawyer.

hope this helps

Comment

If you want to go to Canada and get married then you can sponsor him there at American Consulate and he should be here in couple of months, and on his arrival he will be a Permanent Resident (Green Cardholder). If you want Canadian rights then your husband will have to sponsor you in Canada. You can keep your US Citizenship and Landed Immigrant Status in Canada. Similar he will be able to keep his Canadian Citizenship alongwith GC from the United States.
        Good luck.

Comment

you can also get a fiance visa, which will take a few months, but will allow him to come to the USA and look for a job etc, and allow you all to get married in the usa.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation