Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• questions about h1b visa (pinoy)

i'm 25 yrs old and i'm an electronics and communications engineer grad. got here in US last oct 8 last year. my i-94 will expire on april 8 this year. i had this talk with an employer and he agreed to petition me under h1b visa. now my questions are:

1. how long will it take for an h1b visa to be approved?
    2. is there a way to make it fast? i've heard of this thing called "to expedite"
    3. how much will it normally cost for processing an h1b?
    4. what are the odds of not having approved for an h1b visa?

i talk to the employer's attny and his asking price is $4,900 total just for h1b. is this fair?

a little advice would be useful....

salamat

taga MAPUA

i'm 25 yrs old and i'm an electronics and communications engineer grad. got here in US last oct 8 last year. my i-94 will expire on april 8 this year. i had this talk with an employer and he agreed to petition me under h1b visa. now my questions are:

1. how long will it take for an h1b visa to be approved?
    2. is there a way to make it fast? i've heard of this thing called "to expedite"
    3. how much will it normally cost for processing an h1b?
    4. what are the odds of not having approved for an h1b visa?

i talk to the employer's attny and his asking price is $4,900 total just for h1b. is this fair?

a little advice would be useful....

salamat

taga MAPUA

Comment

I think its fair!

Comment

attorney will ask for 2000 to as high as 5000 for h1b. typically a 2500 fee is average. you have to add scholarship fee = 1000 plus filing fee =110 if you want premium (expedited) add 1000. it will take you above 4000 to work on your h1-b

Comment

ok so that answers the payment question. maybe 4900 dollars is just fair enough.
          but how long will the process take if i choose to expedite? i can't stay here beyond april 8.
          what are my chances of approval?

Comment

mapua

Can you answer this questions before we go further on with your inquiries?

Are you currently employed by your prospective sponsor? If yes, are you EMPLOYED with authorization?

Comment

I think the last question is immaterial, I stand corrected.

Comment

You don't know what you're talking about.Stop giving advises if you don't know the answer!!!Leave it to the expert.

Comment

It'll depend on the INS Service Center that you have to filled to. TSC is the slowest and VSC is the fastest i think. Don't think it'll be too hard to get the H1-B, so it'll depend on time. Right now I'll say if your application goes to VSC, you've a 50-50 chance of making it. If it goes TSC, then you'll probably won't get it by April 8.

Comment

h1-b processing can be done in as little as 15 days with premium processing. you have to pay $2110 for all the filinf fees and the premium processing unit has to respond within 15 days. they can say yes or no within 15 days or day can even respond by seeking further information. You will first get an LCA via online/or fax 1-3 days fill up paperwork and your ready to submit on your 5th day. You should have not been illegally employed to be approved for h1-b.

Comment

Can I switch my family based petition to employment? I fall under sched. A.

Comment

TO MY BONI LIES OVER THE OCEAN

Are you to help or are you here to criticize. I don't mind constructive criticism.

Comment

if you have a pending family based petition and you want to file for employment based immigrant petition, they are sconsidered seperate applications. the employment petition is faster. If you are a REGISTERED nurse or a LICENSED PT you are very lucky. you dont need to file for a labor certificate and just go ahead with you i-140/485 once you have filed these forms, you have to wait 180 days and you can apply for an interim EAD which will allow you to begin work. Once your AOS has been adjudicated they will interview you and upon approval, you will become a LPR - within a time frame of 12 to 18 months. consult a lawyer to this this right - lawyer fees will generally cost you arount $3000 since you dont need to get a LC.

Comment

Sorry I didn't mean to use your name. I just passed my boards for nursing, married to USC, my I-130 is already approved but somehow I had some immigration violation that needs a waiver.I'mm being offered by a hosp. and they want me to work right away.I didn't tell them about my status yet but they have been petitioning a lot of nurses abroad and to sponsor me is not a problem. My dilemma is my status, right now I don't have any, we are still planning on submitting my AOS but it's a long process.Which way is easier and faster to go for employment or family considering my immigrationwoes.

Comment

if you are saying that your i-130 is approved then you can now adjust status by filing i-485. If you have some violations, you need to seek a waiver. you need an attorney, a good one, to do that. once i-485 is pending for 180 days (or 90???) you can file an interim EAD that will allow you to work.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation