Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• usc needs me ..... help please

I am trying to immigrate here from Canada to live with an american citizen who cannot live alone. She has chronic paranoid schizophrenia and cannot work to support herself. Nor should she be living alone because of the episodes she suffers from. Hallucinations, hearing voices, confused thoughts, terrors and anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and attempts. She has three young children here who need their mom as close as possible.

And here I am willing to start a new life to help her. But I have no degree. Was a stay at home mom myself for most of my adult years in Canada.

There doesnt seem to be any avenue open to us. It seems that not only am I not wanted in the United States, but her welfare doesnt seem to matter either. There is no category for live-in caretaker for her. She would have to prove that an american citizen cannot do what she needs.

She has been living with me in Canada for most of the last year. The trust is strong. I have got her to understand that she has this illness. And to take her medications on a regular basis.

I am willing to do the job of live-in care 24/7. She cannot afford to pay for that kind of care. So I would need another job. Preferably working at home.

This is a desperate situation for this young woman. If I cannot immigrate, she will try to come to Canada with me. but her kids are in the United States and will stay with their dad. So they will lose their mom. And her illness may not allow her to come to Canada. What a mess.

Something is wrong with all of this. We are neighbors. Supposedly friendly neighbors. I just dont get it. She cannot work. I am willing to care for her and work to support her. The only job I would be taking is the one she would take to support herself.

Any opinions/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

I am trying to immigrate here from Canada to live with an american citizen who cannot live alone. She has chronic paranoid schizophrenia and cannot work to support herself. Nor should she be living alone because of the episodes she suffers from. Hallucinations, hearing voices, confused thoughts, terrors and anxiety, and suicidal thoughts and attempts. She has three young children here who need their mom as close as possible.

And here I am willing to start a new life to help her. But I have no degree. Was a stay at home mom myself for most of my adult years in Canada.

There doesnt seem to be any avenue open to us. It seems that not only am I not wanted in the United States, but her welfare doesnt seem to matter either. There is no category for live-in caretaker for her. She would have to prove that an american citizen cannot do what she needs.

She has been living with me in Canada for most of the last year. The trust is strong. I have got her to understand that she has this illness. And to take her medications on a regular basis.

I am willing to do the job of live-in care 24/7. She cannot afford to pay for that kind of care. So I would need another job. Preferably working at home.

This is a desperate situation for this young woman. If I cannot immigrate, she will try to come to Canada with me. but her kids are in the United States and will stay with their dad. So they will lose their mom. And her illness may not allow her to come to Canada. What a mess.

Something is wrong with all of this. We are neighbors. Supposedly friendly neighbors. I just dont get it. She cannot work. I am willing to care for her and work to support her. The only job I would be taking is the one she would take to support herself.

Any opinions/suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thank you.

Comment

you've got such a good heart. sounds like there is more to it than meets the eye though. I am not talking about the Green Card here. work to support her, sounds like lOVE to me.

chronic paranoid schizophrenia is the most tragic of all mental illnesses. do you REALLY know what you're getting into?

are you willing to give ALL of yourself and possibly get nothing in return?

Let's say you're a flower. You give beauty all around. But no one ever waters you. You schrivel up and die.

god bless you and give you strength.

Comment

you are right of course. and yes i do know what i am getting myself into. there is a lot of good with the hard times. but i sure do thank you for the reply. smiles.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation