Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advice needed.

I'm in the military. I was stationed overseas and my wife came with me to US(legally) as B1/B2 visa. I recently received my US citizenship. I already petitioned her but I think her visa will expire (exp: Aug 03)before we receive an interview from BCIS. Also, she's pregnant and her due date is after her visa expires. What should I do, if any, to speed up the process of her paperworks?

I'm in the military. I was stationed overseas and my wife came with me to US(legally) as B1/B2 visa. I recently received my US citizenship. I already petitioned her but I think her visa will expire (exp: Aug 03)before we receive an interview from BCIS. Also, she's pregnant and her due date is after her visa expires. What should I do, if any, to speed up the process of her paperworks?

Comment

Did you file the whole package?

Comment

I guess i filed the whole package except the I-485. Is there such thing as temporary resident while waiting for the result of permanent residency?

Comment

The whole package consists of I-130, G-325A, I-485 and I-765. You have already Sponsored your wife while she is in legal status. Since you are USC, so she can stay here and adjust her status in the United States. Even if her Visa will expire by the time she will have interview, so it will not effect her status. If you have not filed AOS application I-485 and EAD application I-765 then you should do it immediately to change her status from B-1/B-2 to Permanent Resident.
          Good luck.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed