Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOS Notice - Atlanta

After applying for my wife's I-130, I have received a notice saying that AOS has been received. It says it will take upto 36 months before they notify us. Is this accurate, if not how long should it take for us to go interview in Atlanta?

After applying for my wife's I-130, I have received a notice saying that AOS has been received. It says it will take upto 36 months before they notify us. Is this accurate, if not how long should it take for us to go interview in Atlanta?

Comment

Sorry, I meant after getting approval for I-130 we applied for I-485 AOS. And the notice we got was for 485 AOS.

So are there any people with similar experience who might share their timeline?

Comment

Yes, The same with me. I filed for my wife with all forms, I-130, I-485, EAD and Advance Parole. She got EAD and Advance Parole. But now waiting for fingerprint and interview. It showed on the receipt 36 months, just like yours.

Comment

So she can get a job now... since you guys got the EAD and you guys can get out of the country also... but you need to wait 36 mo for the interview??

can they denny the AOS after 3 yrs??/

Comment

Hello there guest...

I got the same questions that WHAT does, please answer that so we can get some sleep tonite...

If they take 36mo before the interview but they do give you EAD and PAROLE... ill apply tomorrow morning !!!

Comment

If your receipt says 36 months it means it can take up to 36 months, so anywhere from now up to 36 months.

And yes they can deny AOS after 36 months although if everything is legit you have nothing to worry about.

Comment

Guys first af all i really want to thank you all... you been more helpfull than the lowyers i've talked to.

One more thing...

STEPS TO GET APPROVAL...

1. Fill applications up (I-130, G-325A)
                2. wait for EAD and parolle
                3. go to SSA with EAD and get a SSN
                4. find a job, obtain join bank acct, lease, and all that
                3 apply for AOS once I-130 is approved

what about the medical exam?? it happens after AOS petition...?

Comment

What about "removal of conditonal GC"
                  i thought you can apply for this after the 2nd aniversary...(24mo)

can you apply for this even before the AOS approval? I mean, in case AOS took 36months..

TKS !

Comment

If you're interview happens after your second wedding anniversary, you'll get the straight 10 year green card.

As far as advance parole goes, if you've overstayed your visa for more than 180 days, don't use it. They will not let you back in the country because you'd be subject to the 3 or 10 year bar.

Comment

Well... it has been more than 180 days
                      this coming feb 23,2003 its going to be 2yrs after the expiration date of visa an I-94

if i dont file for advance parole for him, does that mean we CANT leave the country until we get his GC and/or AOS approved?

TKS

Comment

He overstayed for 2 years.....if he leaves the country before he gets his GC, advance parole or not, he'll be barred from re-entering.

Don't make him lave until he gets the actual card.

Comment

typo....don't make him leave...

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs