X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naturalization

Hi.
    I am applying for Natur.soon based on 3 years married to the same us citizen.i was wondering if 2 years ago i was working in a different state for 8 month away from home would that disqualify me.we been married for 6 years and i been a pr for 3.it is not clear at the ins.gov site what they mean by living with the same us citizen for 3 years.does that means in the same house or in marriage.also if any one can shares his/her interviiew experience would be nice.thanks

Hi.
    I am applying for Natur.soon based on 3 years married to the same us citizen.i was wondering if 2 years ago i was working in a different state for 8 month away from home would that disqualify me.we been married for 6 years and i been a pr for 3.it is not clear at the ins.gov site what they mean by living with the same us citizen for 3 years.does that means in the same house or in marriage.also if any one can shares his/her interviiew experience would be nice.thanks

Comment

HI
      Does anyone know (from personal experience) how long it now takes to become a USC (from the filing of the naturalization application to swearing in,) if you're a resident of NYC?!

Comment

To sfca :

It means that the person should remain married to his/her spouse. Your stay in another State will not have any adverse affect on your Naturalization Application. You must write all addresses and other information truthfully.

To louise :

In New York City it takes between 8 to 12 months to get Naturalization Certificate.

Good luck.

Comment

Thanks Umesh.

Comment

i douubt INS would be as nice and smart as u.I think it depends on the person in charge.I read a lot about how some ins offiers dont understand the laws fully and thats why they complicate things.i guess i will have to wait and see what they do with my case.I promise i would share my story with u guys here and i would much appreciatedif some one would as well who might been or would be through a similar situation soon with ins naturalization process.thanks.

Comment

no it wont be that hard

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs