X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need some advice

Hi,
    If someone can help me it would be great. My son is 17 and his tourist visa is still ok, so I would like to know if an employer can apply for his legalization through work. If not, can I apply for a F1 visa for him now? We live in Boston area and my son is going to high school now. Thank you very much!!

Hi,
    If someone can help me it would be great. My son is 17 and his tourist visa is still ok, so I would like to know if an employer can apply for his legalization through work. If not, can I apply for a F1 visa for him now? We live in Boston area and my son is going to high school now. Thank you very much!!

Comment

An employer could apply for him, but coming out of high school, he may not have the requisite level of skills to qualify.

An F-1 would probably be the best route to take. However, what is your status in the U.S. If you are a citizen or an LPR, you may be able to sponsor a LPR petition on his behalf.

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

Thank you for yr answer. I can't help him because I'm not a LPR. I thought about the employer because my son is already working and it will be his last year at high school, so he could be legalized and go to university. Do you think we don't have a chance?

Comment

he could have changed his visa to F1 before 9/11 but now he has to go back to his native country to do that. i don't know about the employer's sponsorship but i think it is going to be very tough because of his age.

Comment

Sorry, you are not authorized to view this page

Home Page

Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation